Another YouTube keeper - legal? Ethics?

Bux n Dux

Anyone see any issues around the 1 minute mark in to this video? I have my own opinion on it, based on the basic info I gathered from the video, just curious to see how others view it

Legal? Illegal? Right? Wrong? Ethical? Unethical?

The plot thickens…

They’ve now edited that part out of the video 🫣

Unfortunately for them, I have that part still saved

So given that turn of events…. What’s peoples thoughts on it now?
I missed that part also.
I discredited him as being a real hunter when I heard the word ‘horn’ come out of this mouth.
Also, he had barely left Maverik and mentions he forgot fuel.
These people are our future world leaders…

watched the redacted version along with the clip you reposted with the removed section where the kid finished off a cow for someone else or whatever the story was. Definately not kosher..

HOWEVER, I will say this. youtube and social media didnt exist when most of us were kids. How many of you would have had friends posting questionable things YOU did at age 17? If you never did anything dumb in your late teens, continue to throw stones from your glass house.

They didnt rob a bank, they arent selling meth. Theyre dumb kids that did something dumb.. like most of us probably did when we were young and dumb but nobody was there to film it all and post it.

watched the redacted version along with the clip you reposted with the removed section where the kid finished off a cow for someone else or whatever the story was. Definately not kosher..

HOWEVER, I will say this. youtube and social media didnt exist when most of us were kids. How many of you would have had friends posting questionable things YOU did at age 17? If you never did anything dumb in your late teens, continue to throw stones from your glass house.

They didnt rob a bank, they arent selling meth. Theyre dumb kids that did something dumb.. like most of us probably did when we were young and dumb but nobody was there to film it all and post it.
I didn’t do “dumb” stuff with a weapon in my hand. This is a different generation.

They did discharge a firearm at protected wildlife that they did not have a tag for, after complete strangers had shot it first…. Given it’s an elk in utah, valued at $500+, that makes it a felony type violation. But continue to normalize this behavior.

They obviously know there’s an issue with since they gave the original version a pretty hefty edit job.

Well!

If We All Wanna Be Honest!

We All Did Some STUPID Sshitt When We Were Younger!

But The Time I Was Out Hunting On My Own & Before That I Was Taught The RIGHTS & WRONGS!

You Shoot & Animal,Taking Care Of It Quickly Was Top Priority!

I Surely Didn't Have A Cell Phone To Call Somebody To Come GUT It For Me!

We All Gotta Learn!

Not Sayin They're Right!

But They Could Be Out Doing Something Worse!

Hopefully They WISEN Up In A Year Or Two!

But The Social Media/YouTube/LOOK AT ME Mentality Is Out Of Reality!

And Has Been For How Long Now?

Even The PRO'S In Hot Weather Will Waste An Hour Or Two Scoring A Buck Or Bull In Hot Weather And Get It On Social Media Before GUTTING It/Taking Care Of It!

I'm All For Putting An Animal Out Of It's Misery But The Cow Didn't Look Like She Was Going Anywhere & You're Gonna Shoot At Her/Towards Her With The Guy That Did Shoot Her First Working His/Their Way In To The Cow?

The Only Way I Woulda Put Another Round In Thar Cow Would Be At Point Blank Range & A Downward Direction Shot!

Legal or illegal aside, I wouldn't be very satisfied if some knucklehead walked up to a cow elk (or any animal) that I had shot (that was clearly dying) and blasted it with a high power through the freaking backstraps.

I am glad I never got into the whole YouTube and video taping of my hunts. Some people just can't help themselves, I guess.

I wouldn’t consider putting down a wounded animal the crime of the century but that elk wasn’t getting up. The could have waited a minute for the hunter to show up.
I will say though, if they finished off my animal with a bullet through the steaks, I’d tell them “good work boys, better get your elk cleaned and tagged”.

Hell!

They Didn't Even Start Cleaning Their Own!

I wouldn’t consider putting down a wounded animal the crime of the century but that elk wasn’t getting up. The could have waited a minute for the hunter to show up.
I will say though, if they finished off my animal with a bullet through the steaks, I’d tell them “good work boys, better get your elk cleaned and tagged”.

Bessy, Did you see the hat the kid was wearing ? Taking lessons from the best !! :) The elk looked like it was blotted when they got back to it .

HELL Ya It Was Bloated!

They Didn't GUT It Until Dad Got There!

I Seen The Hat But I Guess I Won't Cuss It Too Bad!

If You Guys Seen The Hat Lumpy Bought Me Several Years Ago You'd All Would Probably Be Making Fun Of Me Also!:D

Bessy, Did you see the hat the kid was wearing ? Taking lessons from the best !! :) The elk looked like it was blotted when they got back to it .

Well along with hunting this kid needs to be taught about meat care. It's not only about pulling the trigger. After my dad made me eat that sparrow I learned my lesson young. It seem that the spike elk hunt has turned into Utah's deer hunt of yesterday ! Not able to buy a deer tag. I know what you all will say. We need to be teaching the younger generation. Well when I have more time to type on this key board . Maybe I'll share a few pearls of wisdom that I shared with my kids about caring for a elk. It's no deer. I would love to see the video footage of those kids gutting that gut shot elk. :) Maybe a lesson in shot placement as well.

I'd Place Money Saying He Still Doesn't Know How To GUT An Animal And He's Never Gonna GUT One By Himself!

When Dad Is Gone He'll Probably Quit Hunting!

Well along with hunting this kid needs to be taught about meat care. It's not only about pulling the trigger. After my dad made me eat that sparrow I learned my lesson young. It seem that the spike elk hunt has turned into Utah's deer hunt of yesterday ! Not able to buy a deer tag. I know what you all will say. We need to be teaching the younger generation. Well when I have more time to type on this key board . Maybe I'll share a few pearls of wisdom that I shared with my kids about caring for a elk. It's no deer. I would love to see the video footage of those kids gutting that gut shot elk. :) Maybe a lesson in shot placement as well.

Hey Bux N Dux did one of these boys ditch your daughter before prom or just a slow day fer ya? Axe to grind much?
I’d hope my daughter wouldn’t give these guys a 2nd look. If she does, I’ve failed her. This moron is shooting a creedmoor at elk. That should be any girls first red flag.

Do you always go to bat for people with chit ethics that film themselves committing felonies for attention on social media? If so, I bet you worship MuleyFelon and think he’s a righteous dude.

I’m surprised Prostate hasn’t shown up to defend these kids. But Texas did just start their deer season. He’s probably out “hunting”, sitting behind a high fence right now over looking a full bucket of corn.

What they did is not good. But not the end of the world. A good ass chewing would be in order. It would be good to get ahold of their dads and see how they planned on dealing with it. If I didn’t feel that the dads took it serious, maybe law enforcement should get involved. For the record, I did some stupid **** when I was a kid and learned from those dumb mistakes. I’d like to hope most of us also did some dumb stuff when we were young and learned from it.

Maybe my perspective is off, but I don’t think this thread was meant as a “let’s prosecute these kids for doing the wrong thing”. Instead, it shows how social media and YouTube have ruined parts of hunting and maybe think about taking some time to talk to your kids about this exact stuff before letting them into the field alone. Everything has to make the ‘gram’ or ‘YouTube’ and I think more stupid stuff happens trying to get views or follows. “I did dumb stuff as a kid too” is a really bad justification for saying this was just dumb stuff. Worse stuff definitely happens but this is a starting point and shouldn’t be accepted as doing “dumb stuff as a kid”

Finish off by shooting it in the spine, that will tenderize those straps…lol….the days we were all that stupid. But I’m sure we all live by the same motto: The older I get the better I was at anything and everything.

Having watched so much of the TV series "Wardens", Im pretty much and expert in wildlife law 😆 But I'm pretty sure they would have been in trouble for their actions with the cow, depending on the warden anyway...

Having watched so much of the TV series "Wardens", Im pretty much and expert in wildlife law 😆 But I'm pretty sure they would have been in trouble for their actions with the cow, depending on the warden anyway...
Montana wardens don’t hold a candle to utah wardens! The stuff some of those guys in Montana get away with and just get tickets over would get you arrested and all your stuff confiscated immediately! Utah is way over the top compared to most other states. Makes it really hard to even be around a warden in utah since everything is a handcuff offense, even if it was an accident (unless you’re Wade heaton. Then they will lie to the general public in an attempt to keep your ass out of trouble as long as possible).

But in all seriousness. An honest accident and turning yourself in in Utah will still most likely result in loss of privileges, when in other states, they just write you a $135 ticket, take all 6 of your elk and send you on your way. Utah DWR could use a lot of improvements in every aspect of their job

GOOD GAWD Bux!

When they seen your License Plate & The 6 Elk In The Back Of Your Truck You Were Done!:D

Montana wardens don’t hold a candle to utah wardens! The stuff some of those guys in Montana get away with and just get tickets over would get you arrested and all your stuff confiscated immediately! Utah is way over the top compared to most other states. Makes it really hard to even be around a warden in utah since everything is a handcuff offense, even if it was an accident (unless you’re Wade heaton. Then they will lie to the general public in an attempt to keep your ass out of trouble as long as possible).

But in all seriousness. An honest accident and turning yourself in in Utah will still most likely result in loss of privileges, when in other states, they just write you a $135 ticket, take all 6 of your elk and send you on your way. Utah DWR could use a lot of improvements in every aspect of their job

Did you at least get to cook it? How? I have so many questions…..

I’m sure glad I didn’t have to eat everything I shot :oops:

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom