Another tire thread.

Idahoron

Very Active Member
I am going to have to get some new tires. I use 235-85-16. I like the 10 ply tires for rocks. I looked at tires at Les Schwab today. The two they showed me were Maxis Bighorn mt762, and The Mud Terrain SXT. Does anyone have any input on these? These will go on my winter tire rims. Thanks Ron

I do not know much about the Bighorn. I am very familiar with the SXT. It is a very very good all around tire. Good tire for travel on packed snow and ice. Descent tire out in the hills, and good mileage out of it. The only area where I wish it was better was when the snow gets knee deep ;-) I am willing to bet SXT is the more popular out of the 2. I know I love the SXT, and I will be getting another set of SXT's sometime in the coming weeks.
Like you,I do prefer a 10 ply tire. If you get a flat with your 10 ply, you would of just ruined your 6 ply tire. A 6 ply will ride a little better, but I am willing to sacrifice a little ride for never having to break out my jack.
Les Schwab is all about service. Take advantage of that free rotation, and keep these or any other tire you purchase rotated. I see a lot of people preach 5000 miles before you rotate, but thats about 2000-2500 miles over due for me. It does and will make a difference in the mileage you get out your set a tires.

mud tires are not good in snow at all i suggest all terrains i work at a tire shop in colorado any questions pm me ill get ya more info

$MAVERICK$

>mud tires are not good in
>snow at all i suggest
>all terrains i work at
>a tire shop in colorado
>any questions pm me ill
>get ya more info
>
>$MAVERICK$

The hell they aint!

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Shoulda rephrases that sorry they are not good in snow where im at.N not unless you sipe them or have no icy packing snow but you would be better off with all terrains trust me you will be a lot happier withbthe.ride and milaege you gwt$MAVERICK$

I just bought some wild country xtx tires from schwab. Seem to be a nice tire. anyone else had them?

O--one
B--big
A--ass
M--mistake
A--america

muzz....my friend HAD them on his F-350 and about 2 years ago the sidewalls gave out and had to get new tires...he hated them.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom