Another Tire Question

kawboy

Very Active Member
What would be the best all terrain tire? I am looking at either the BGF T/A or the Nitto terra grappler. I want a good ride that can get in and dig when I need it too. I am willing to consider others if someone has a good report.
Are there any MMers that sale tires? I like to keep my business with fellow hunters.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

I can't speak for the Nitto , but I endorse BFG all terrians . I have had several sets of the BFG all terrians on a few different trucks , and I love them . They are good for towing , quiet , and have been getting a bunch of miles before I have had to replace them .

I got the 285/75/16 Nitto terra grapplers on my work truck, going on 5 years now! I keep saying that i need a new set but when i really look at them, i keep putting it off cause they still got decent tread. No flats, no problems!

230684_gmc_4x4_work_truck.jpg

Joey

I have some Big O Big Foot All Terrain Tires with wheels for sale. The are used but they still have almost all of their tread left. Call or text for more information at 435-659-6117

I wouldn't hesitate to run either one for your app. It would fall more on price cause IMO you picked the best 2 A/T tires made.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I have the Nitto terra grapplers on my chev duramax. I for one would NOT reccomend them. Square faced so the steering on some roads is a little like driving on a basketball, i dont think they have much traction at all. I used to have a set from Les Schwab that were kind of an all terrain, cant remember the name right now but they provided 3 times the traction that the Nittos do in the snow, dirt, rocks, everything. I wont buy another set of Nittos

The BFG/AT has gone downhill, I ran them for years but they are not what they used to be. I ran a set on my dmax that got only about 15K miles and where junk. Since then went to the goodyear DuraTrac - they have been great!

Outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man.

I didn't care for the BFG's. I ran them on my wifes truck, and I didn't think they wore all that well. When they got a bit wore down they where the noisiest tires I've ever had. As for Toyo's, like I mentioned in another post, I have been told by a very reliable inside source that people have a lot of warranty issues. A warranty that is not stood by is a bad as none at all. I won't buy them for this reason.

I ran a set of Wildcat A/T's and loved them, aggressive and did the job when needed. Good wear longest lasting set i've had. Not as pricey either.

littlebeaver.jpg

a32_cleaners.jpg

i bought kumho road venture at kl78's. so far they are great. they are a load range d and a good heavy duty tire. they dig good in the snow

My next set with be the Kumho AT Road Venture's (KL78), I've heard nothing but good things about them!! Just waiting for my current tires to wear down a bit more...

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/Feleno/zFix.jpg[/IMG] ~Z~

Toyo's are a heavy tire. Great in mud and snow. Packed snow and ice, not so good (unless siped). Regardless of what you buy, rotate them every 2200-2500 miles for the best life out of the tire. Lighter ply tires will have a better ride, but the heavier ply (8-10 ply) will be less prone for a flat.

I just put another set of Michelin X Mud-Snow on my pickup, after getting 105,000 miles on the first set (and I could have easily run them for a few thousand more miles, but they went on sale). I've had great luck with them, good enough off-road, quiet, better gas mileage by about 3/4 mpg (and over 105,000 miles, that alone paid for the tires), great handling. I know they're not the 'off-road' tire choice for some, but if you're like 95% of drivers out there, they are definitely worth considering.

I've run Toyos at the suggestion of a Les Schwab manager that I did a home loan for, and didn't care for them. I found that I got poor tread life, like 45,000 miles and they were no better on muddy roads or in snow. I've also run BFG, Goodyear, Coopers and some other brands, and simply figured out that I get better overall value with these Michelins than anything else I've ever run on my pickups, and I've put over 1,000,000 miles on my pickups over the years.

I had a set of the cooper stc's on my f350. Best mud and snow tire i have ever run. They have a rock chip compound in them. I run on dirt roads most the time on the ranch. Got almost 60k on them befor i got a new set went to the mud tire this time. Really wish i would of went back. Still have two of them on my spares.

I have had the Nitto Terra Grapplers on for 25k miles, they are 265/75r17 and they are down to 5/32.
They look like they need to be replaced now. I get a lot of slipping, even on dry pavement. I have rotated them every 5k miles and I am sure they will make 35k, but I expected better life out of an all-terrain tire. At 20k they looked like they were worn and were slipping in dirt.

I would recommend anything other than the Terra Grappler. Have also had balance issues, had to rebalance tires every 10k or I get a vibration.
Tires are on a Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom