Another thought path on COVID-19

feddoc

Long Time Member

Look for this towards the bottom: 'Pneumonia and Influenza (P&I) Mortality Surveillance .

Select this link 'View chart data' it will open up a spread sheet.
Here is an example of what you will see>>>>

I'll summarize part of it:

US data says that for the first week of Jan 2018:
1,165 people died from influenza. An additional 5,156 people died from Pneumonia.

Week 2 of Jan 2018:
1,536 people died from influenza. An additional 5,583 people died from Pneumonia.

Week 3 of Jan 2018:
1,626 people died from influenza. An additional 5,412 people died from Pneumonia.

Week 4 of Jan 2018:
1,448 people died from influenza. An additional 5,187 people died from Pneumonia.

Flu deaths were about 5.6K for that month. More than 20K from pneumonia.

I am unaware of the numbers of folks who were on ventilators at their end-stage? Do any of you recall if there was there notice in the news of any ICU bed or ventilator shortages?

It will be interesting to see the number of folks dead due to COVID-19 placed into the data above. Would we scream louder because of it?

Don't get me wrong, I lost two older relatives to death by pneumonia. Any death should not be taken lightly.

Im gonna guess that the number of deaths due to the above causes for 2018 are pretty close to the number of deaths for the same reason and the same period of this year...or 2019....0r 2005.

The economy didn't crash then.

No comment except that we are dealing with another flu. N1H1 didn't create this type of hysteria and look how many more people died from that.
Pneumonia is a killer plain and simple if you are old.

As of 3-14 from the CDC

Screenshot_20200322-135615_Chrome.jpg

Can they break that number down to pre-mature births and full term births? That will have a major impact on new born mortality.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom