Another Score Guess

W

west

I think this should be enough angles for you master scorers to make a pretty good educated guess. I think he'll break the 16in mark. Mass is average. Cutters are pretty good. What do you guys think he'll score?

4a8b36e71a6c43a6.jpg

4a8b37161bc8602f.jpg

4a8b37401e84b45b.jpg

4a8b375f1f4dbfd5.jpg

4a8b377b1fe7226b.jpg

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-09 AT 07:44PM (MST)[p]I'd say 82 in. Some will guess lower, I'm sure. Its seems there's a conservative bias regarding goat scores. No one wants to be accused of getting carried away.

I have two "Book" goats, and the one in your scope is only slightly off that standard, if at all.

Take 'em. And report back with the ground score.

P.S. What state and unit?

Very impressive!

I'm sure he'll break 80. A little thin above the prong but great legnth and huge prongs plus great shape. Shooter IMO

IMO that buck wont break 80? Close, but not 80. He has the length, okay prongs, but I think he is lacking mass for 80"? He is a nice, good looking goat worthy of shooting. I think high 70's. Go get him and let us know? I hope he goes 85!

Barely, maybe 80, but probably 78-79. Not quite 16, and little mass. Hope I'm wrong, he's still bigger than what we have running around the house. Good luck.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-19-09 AT 09:40AM (MST)[p]I'm in for 82, as well. Its always tough judging goats from pictures, but his mass above his cutters looks better than average to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------
That's more of a "Hey I'm a badger but I really like ponies and rainbows too" smile. - mtnmayhem

your guesses are in the range of what i was thinking. My main concern is that he is over 16". Since i was a kid my dad always talked about that magic 16" mark. I have a couple under my belt that made it, but he can't seem to break the 15 3/4. Figure it is about time he got one.

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

LAST EDITED ON Aug-24-09 AT 10:34AM (MST)[p]My guess is 16 3/8 length. Scores around 81-82. Has good length above prong. Beautiful goat. Keep us posted.

An update for those of you that took a stab at a guess. I was about 6 in off of what i thought he would score. Final came in at a very conservitive taping of 85 3/4 gross 85in exact green net. Thanks for score input some of you were alot closer then i was.

4ab7a8f320b36d9f.jpg

Great Pronghorn. When I guessed 82" I actually thought I was a bit light, but didn't want to be too aggressive. I have two "Book" goats that gross in the mid-85's, and yours is very comparable. Congratulations.

Would you mind sharing the state and unit?

Congrats on a great goat. He looks alot bigger on the ground thats for sure!
-Raptor

Pics are deceiving, and add to that the difficulty judging antelope in the first place . . . excuses, I know . . . that's a heck of a goat! Congrats.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom