Another plumbing question

I keep seeing on TV, every 5 years. I built this house in 1975 and haven't had it pumped yet. Everything smells okay......?

Are you talking about your honey pot ? You know the tank catches solids. Then the water rises and runs into your leach field. It's always good to have it pumped or cleaned out. Do you even know where the tank is or the lid to the tank ? Do you add bacteria or enzymes to your tank? We dug up a tank for a lady and pulled the lid with her there. She saw a bunch of colorful things floating on the surface. She ask us what that was. We said your tank is full of condoms . She said very quickly. My husband and I don't use those. I think her teenage age boys got a earful when the got home from High School. ????

Are you talking about your honey pot ? You know the tank catches solids. Then the water rises and runs into your leach field. It's always good to have it pumped or cleaned out. Do you even know where the tank is or the lid to the tank ? Do you add bacteria or enzymes to your tank? We dug up a tank for a lady and pulled the lid with her there. She saw a bunch of colorful things floating on the surface. She ask us what that was. We said your tank is full of condoms . She said very quickly. My husband and I don't use those. I think her teenage age boys got a earful when the got home from High School. ????
So The Sons Got Blamed for The Husbands or Wifes Actions?:D

Thanks BigJohn! Yeah, I know where it is. I watched them put it in back in 1974. I went out today and probed with a wire and located the four corners. It's a 750 gallon tank and I think it only has one lid? There are 4 leach lines 50' long. They end right at a old 12' diameter redwood stump. The guy who dug them said I'd never have a problem.

I'm going to have it pumped just out of curiosity. We don't put bacteria or anything like that. It will be interesting.

Hey Eel?

You Sure it Ain't an Old 55 Gallon Drum?:D

Take My Advice Mr & Ms Eel!

I Don't Think Either One of You Should Look to See What's Inside after they get the Lid Off!:D:D:D

Hey Bobcat ?

I plan on being in the next county when they take the lid off. I hope the wind is blowing toward my neighbor.?

Put mine in in 98, never have pumped it. Pulled the lid and checked it 5yrs ago, couple inches of solid on top, liguid the rest of the way. Doubt I'll ever look at it again....

I pump mine about once every 10 years. Couple years ago I put in about 400' of new leach line. That should last awhile.

FWIW, if I recall my chemistry, the bacteria in rid-x is about the same composition as the bacteria in a gallon of spoiled whole milk.

I pump mine about once every 10 years. Couple years ago I put in about 400' of new leach line. That should last awhile.

FWIW, if I recall my chemistry, the bacteria in rid-x is about the same composition as the bacteria in a gallon of spoiled whole milk.

Or a dead chicken, so I've heard. I've also heard we naturally produce the necessary bacteria in our own crap to break it down in the tank over time. Still hit mine with an additive from time to time.

Well, there goes my new Savage 110 Ultralight right down the toilet.
The good news is after 45 years there was no earthquake damage and we've had a few 6.5 plus. He's coming back Monday to install risers for pump out in the future.

Well, there goes my new Savage 110 Ultralight right down the toilet.
The good news is after 45 years there was no earthquake damage and we've had a few 6.5 plus. He's coming back Monday to install risers for pump out in the future.
You got the Honey pot pumped out. Sounds like no surprises. Riser will make it much easier to do in the future. I general put them on when I install a septic tank. Easier to do before you back fill.

You got the Honey pot pumped out. Sounds like no surprises. Riser will make it much easier to do in the future. I general put them on when I install a septic tank. Easier to do before you back fill.
It's in the front yard but I can disguise the risers somehow. Someone down the road will thank me.

It's in the front yard but I can disguise the risers somehow. Someone down the road will thank me.
We try to put the lid 6 inches under the sod. With the metal in the lid it is easy to find With a metal detector. No need to stick it out of the ground.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom