Another major problem solved

Although it always came easy to me, I’m finding it harder to communicate without offending people.
You could be talking about the people offended by the original fish name, or people offended by changing the fish name.

One person gets offended so kneels at a football game, then the other gets offended because of the first person kneeling. As far as taking offense goes, it's a distinction without a difference, they both did the same thing.

I agree with you 100%, everybody is out trying to get offended. There's an entire channel dedicated to getting people riled up over "woke" and "cancel culture," two phrases that didn't exist until somebody said others should get offended by them. Every one of those stories is intended to invoke an emotional reaction out of the reader as being a grievance hustler is highly profitable. Constantly getting angry over other's actions is not a healthy place to be... and that goes to both sides equally.

You could be talking about people offended by the original fish name, or people offended by changing the fish name?

One person gets offended so kneels at a football game, then the other gets offended because of the first person kneeling. As far as taking offense goes, it's a distinction without a difference, they both did the same thing.

I agree with you 100%, everybody is out trying to get offended. There's an entire channel dedicated to looking to get people riled up over "woke" and "cancel culture." Every one of those articles is intended to invoke a reaction out of the reader. Constantly getting angry over other's actions is not a healthy place to be.
I agree everyone gets offended. And it’s getting ridiculous. Who cares if everyone gets along. It’s never going to happen, just don’t be so sensitive.

You could be talking about the people offended by the original fish name, or people offended by changing the fish name.

I agree with you 100%, everybody is out trying to get offended. There's an entire channel dedicated to getting people riled up over "woke" and "cancel culture," two phrases that didn't exist until somebody said others should get offended by them. Every one of those stories is intended to invoke an emotional reaction out of the reader as being a grievance hustler is highly profitable. Constantly getting angry over other's actions is not a healthy place to be... and that goes to both sides equally.

No one is offended by the woke individual. The woke activism on the other hand, is offensive.
And there is a difference between the 2.

Further, reacting to the woke activism isn't the same as woke activism. One side is fighting to be left alone, the other is on the offensive, always. Again, there is a difference.

No one went to the DWR demanding Asian Carp be the only name, always and forever, no matter what. A woke activist went on the offensive, and others reacted.

As to cancel culture. You are right. I enjoyed my Aunt Jemima syrup on my waffles this morning while reading Dr. Suess. Silly conservatives

No one is offended by the woke individual. The woke activism on the other hand, is offensive.
And there is a difference between the 2.

Further, reacting to the woke activism isn't the same as woke activism. One side is fighting to be left alone, the other is on the offensive, always. Again, there is a difference.

No one went to the DWR demanding Asian Carp be the only name, always and forever, no matter what. A woke activist went on the offensive, and others reacted.

As to cancel culture. You are right. I enjoyed my Aunt Jemima syrup on my waffles this morning while reading Dr. Suess. Silly conservatives
You'll proudly pick your syrup but you won't watch NFL anymore. They're the same. You've even acknowledged that the right participates in "cancel culture" in prior posts...

"It sucks that we are getting sucked into their petty BS. But we have been. Cancel culture cuts both ways. The NBA knows it. NFL as well.

Go woke, go broke. Just going to have to be the way it is."

For one side to claim superiority on the "taking offense" scale is laughable... especially after starting a thread linked to a local story from Maine. Apparently it bothers you.

You'll proudly pick your syrup but you won't watch NFL anymore. They're the same. You've even acknowledged that the right participates in "cancel culture" in prior posts...

"It sucks that we are getting sucked into their petty BS. But we have been. Cancel culture cuts both ways. The NBA knows it. NFL as well.

Go woke, go broke. Just going to have to be the way it is."

For one side to claim superiority on the "taking offense" scale is laughable... especially after starting a thread linked to a local story from Maine. Apparently it bothers you.

You always fail to see the major difference.

I don't support the NFL. That's an INDIVIDUAL decision. I don't call for it to be banned. I don't call for it to be dissolved. I simply choose to not hand it MY money, as an INDIVIDUAL.

Same as I don't hand Budweiser my money. I don't like it as an INDIVIDUAL.

Buisnesses that fail to understand their customers, are doomed to fail(go woke, go broke). The NFL customer ISNT all the groups they now pander to, LBGTQ, Wokestanians, leftists.

If Ain't Jemima sales were plummeting because INDIVIDUALS stopped buying it, then no one would notice a rebrand. They changed to appease the woke mob.

I, as a "husky" individual from Utah, am offended by the UTAH CHUB.

But despite my offense as an INDIVIDUAL, I don't plan on forcing a name change by harnessing the twitter woke mob.

Look at the end game. How long before the words American or Christianity are associated with an air of superiority over other cultures or religions, and thus are banned?

You always fail to see the major difference.

I don't support the NFL. That's an INDIVIDUAL decision. I don't call for it to be banned. I don't call for it to be dissolved. I simply choose to not hand it MY money, as an INDIVIDUAL.

Same as I don't hand Budweiser my money. I don't like it as an INDIVIDUAL.

Buisnesses that fail to understand their customers, are doomed to fail(go woke, go broke). The NFL customer ISNT all the groups they now pander to, LBGTQ, Wokestanians, leftists.

If Ain't Jemima sales were plummeting because INDIVIDUALS stopped buying it, then no one would notice a rebrand. They changed to appease the woke mob.

I, as a "husky" individual from Utah, am offended by the UTAH CHUB.

But despite my offense as an INDIVIDUAL, I don't plan on forcing a name change by harnessing the twitter woke mob.
I'm pretty sure the NFL isn't "doomed to fail" anytime soon; regardless of what they call the Redskins. I'm also pretty sure I'll still call carp a "carp" just like I still call a "dusky" grouse a "blue" grouse.

If you decide to change the name of the Utah Chub, I'll sign your petition ?

Look at the end game. How long before the words American or Christianity are associated with an air of superiority over other cultures or religions, and thus are banned?
From the:
Word Vomit Gazette

Actually,
From my perspective: Those two words have been associated with an air of superiority since the end of WWII by the Beat Generation and since Madalyn Murray O’Hair, founded the American Atheists in 1963.

The American culture has had its critics since the Revolutionary War but the current effort at cultural banning was started in the very recent past and while it has grown exponentially since the late 1940s, it hasn’t been challenged by a united resistance until Donald Trump decided somebody had to do something, on a National/International level.

Those that hate the American culture and Christianity haven’t cancelled us yet but they certainly haven’t stopped trying either.

I hope to live long enough to see us defeat their efforts!! Losing doesn’t hardly seem a possibility but there’s millions of people living in the US that are determined to see it happen.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom