Another dang tire thread

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
Mine are bald and I need new ones soon... I have been running BFG All terrains.. I like them in the snow where I live but they dont last for crap..30,000 if I'm lucky..but realistically closer to 20,000...

I don't have a lot of options for a 315/70/17 so I may give Goodyear Wrangler Dura Trac's a try.. Unless y'all have any other suggestions... Between living in the mountains and the weight of my F-250 it's hard on tires...

What all are you running and how are they lasting?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Mine are bald and I need new ones soon... I have been running BFG All terrains.. I like them in the snow where I live but they dont last for crap..30,000 if I'm lucky..but realistically closer to 20,000...

I don't have a lot of options for a 315/70/17 so I may give Goodyear Wrangler Dura Trac's a try.. Unless y'all have any other suggestions... Between living in the mountains and the weight of my F-250 it's hard on tires...

What all are you running and how are they lasting?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Might want to look into Bridgestone Dueler A/T? It has been years ago since I worked at a Bridgestone / Firestone dealer but the Bridgestones were always problem free and were awesome tires. I run 35 12.5 17 Toyo M/T's on my Cummins. They are awesome preformance but average life and not avail. in that size so you can cross them off.

Might want to look into Bridgestone Dueler A/T? It has been years ago since I worked at a Bridgestone / Firestone dealer but the Bridgestones were always problem free and were awesome tires. I run 35 12.5 17 Toyo M/T's on my Cummins. They are awesome preformance but average life and not avail. in that size so you can cross them off.

Cooper Discoverers are the longest wearing tire I have ever used...tread wear wise. I had a lot of plugs in the sidewalls though......that should start some chit on here!

I am off road a lot! 3/4 ton Suburban.

"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

Cooper Discoverers are the longest wearing tire I have ever used...tread wear wise. I had a lot of plugs in the sidewalls though......that should start some chit on here!

I am off road a lot! 3/4 ton Suburban.

"What's good for me, ain't necessarily good for the weak minded"

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-11 AT 00:15AM (MST)[p]Snort, I too am ready for another set but have been saying that for the past two years. I just looked at mine the other day and figure that i may get another year out of them if i pushed it but think i will get my work truck some new shoes. These have been on at least 5 years now. My hunting pard is also running them on his Chev 3/4 Duramax and he loves them too.

Not bad in the snow and ice but not the best either, siping them does help. Neither of us is yet to have a flat. I just love these great all-around tires...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-28...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

edit; i see now that these above are 4 ply. Mine are 8 or 10 ply, not sure without going out and looking but definitely not 4 ply.

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-11 AT 00:15AM (MST)[p]Snort, I too am ready for another set but have been saying that for the past two years. I just looked at mine the other day and figure that i may get another year out of them if i pushed it but think i will get my work truck some new shoes. These have been on at least 5 years now. My hunting pard is also running them on his Chev 3/4 Duramax and he loves them too.

Not bad in the snow and ice but not the best either, siping them does help. Neither of us is yet to have a flat. I just love these great all-around tires...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-28...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

edit; i see now that these above are 4 ply. Mine are 8 or 10 ply, not sure without going out and looking but definitely not 4 ply.

Joey

REDDOG told me about the TOYO M55's!

TOYO builds a bunch of fast wearing tires,but the M55's I'm running on my PISSCUTTIN Rig are wearing perty damn well,they are a little spendy,oh well,which Tire ain't?

I also seen the other day some TOYO M60's,don't know what these are?

Don't know if they make them in the size you are looking for Snort?

I'll second the motion,find out what kilo runs (Or should I say 'ROTATES'?)I've never run a set 97K!:D

As of recent there are a bunch of Tires on the market with fast tread wear,anybody but me notice this BS?

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

REDDOG told me about the TOYO M55's!

TOYO builds a bunch of fast wearing tires,but the M55's I'm running on my PISSCUTTIN Rig are wearing perty damn well,they are a little spendy,oh well,which Tire ain't?

I also seen the other day some TOYO M60's,don't know what these are?

Don't know if they make them in the size you are looking for Snort?

I'll second the motion,find out what kilo runs (Or should I say 'ROTATES'?)I've never run a set 97K!:D

As of recent there are a bunch of Tires on the market with fast tread wear,anybody but me notice this BS?

I run TOYO M55's on my work trucks...never had a flat until totally shot.....I think they make em' out of gold now...dang expensive..

I run TOYO M55's on my work trucks...never had a flat until totally shot.....I think they make em' out of gold now...dang expensive..

+ 1 for the B stone Dueler A/T. I switched to these from the BFG A/T and they ride better on the pavement too. I have almost 20K on them right now and they are at about 50%

+ 1 for the B stone Dueler A/T. I switched to these from the BFG A/T and they ride better on the pavement too. I have almost 20K on them right now and they are at about 50%

sage...i got a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers....i hate them, they seem to grab every rut on the highway and follow it, not too much traction in the snow, just dont like them.

sage...i got a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers....i hate them, they seem to grab every rut on the highway and follow it, not too much traction in the snow, just dont like them.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-11 AT 11:51AM (MST)[p]i work at a tire shop in Gypsum, CO and on our 07 3500 duramax we are running yokohamma Geolandar AT/S's we now have 42000 on them an they are smoked now but they lasted long while great on snow and ice and good in the mud... plus they are cheaper than the bf goodriches and bridgestones and they have them in that size if you go to the right shop

$MAVERICK$

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-11 AT 11:51AM (MST)[p]i work at a tire shop in Gypsum, CO and on our 07 3500 duramax we are running yokohamma Geolandar AT/S's we now have 42000 on them an they are smoked now but they lasted long while great on snow and ice and good in the mud... plus they are cheaper than the bf goodriches and bridgestones and they have them in that size if you go to the right shop

$MAVERICK$

+1 on the cooper! Running the stt's now and love them! All dirt road on an f350. Never own a nother toyo again!

+1 on the cooper! Running the stt's now and love them! All dirt road on an f350. Never own a nother toyo again!

Bucksnort & Be_Bop....these are what I have been running on my PU for at least the last 3-4 years got them at America's Tire.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tires/pathfinder/home.do;jsessionid=l2PGTd9QJwkpL4zjpGdJJP4kCTQMgyvTFR5GXdrhyyn6fLy5gM4TGbM5hh8vh91fdQQd0XXrsf7GyvfhDpjNBPJY2ty74hQlYfGBCXD1KQ1qB6KknHhdBzpRwG6vTXWZ!1191676612!1435042539

Right now I have over 30K miles on them and still have half of the tread left. They are made for America Tire Co by Goodyear and are special ordered according to their webpage now.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Bucksnort & Be_Bop....these are what I have been running on my PU for at least the last 3-4 years got them at America's Tire.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/tires/pathfinder/home.do;jsessionid=l2PGTd9QJwkpL4zjpGdJJP4kCTQMgyvTFR5GXdrhyyn6fLy5gM4TGbM5hh8vh91fdQQd0XXrsf7GyvfhDpjNBPJY2ty74hQlYfGBCXD1KQ1qB6KknHhdBzpRwG6vTXWZ!1191676612!1435042539

Right now I have over 30K miles on them and still have half of the tread left. They are made for America Tire Co by Goodyear and are special ordered according to their webpage now.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I have the BFG AT on my F 250 too. Same problem, 30k miles and I will need a new set before fall. Pretty disappointing for the amount of money you shell out for them.

I have the BFG AT on my F 250 too. Same problem, 30k miles and I will need a new set before fall. Pretty disappointing for the amount of money you shell out for them.

I had 35/12.5/20 toyo open country m/ts on my dodge for 3 years before i finally had to replace them, awesome wear. ot 45k miles outa them and recently switched to the nitto trail grappler M/T
485.jpg

sweet lookin tire and they ride phenominal. A lot better than the open countries did. And they are quieter w/ the same performance i had in rain / snow / mud you name it.

-Cass

I had 35/12.5/20 toyo open country m/ts on my dodge for 3 years before i finally had to replace them, awesome wear. ot 45k miles outa them and recently switched to the nitto trail grappler M/T
485.jpg

sweet lookin tire and they ride phenominal. A lot better than the open countries did. And they are quieter w/ the same performance i had in rain / snow / mud you name it.

-Cass

Well kilo!

Looks like at that rate they'll never make 97,000 miles?:D

They're only gonna run 2/3 as far as what you normally get out of a set!:D

(((RAZZIN YA!>}>}>!!!)

Well kilo!

Looks like at that rate they'll never make 97,000 miles?:D

They're only gonna run 2/3 as far as what you normally get out of a set!:D

(((RAZZIN YA!>}>}>!!!)

Another vote for Coopers AT. I ran them on my Dodge 3500 and they hooked up and lasted 55K. Probably would have gone a lot more if I could have kept my foot out of it. I didn't do much off roading with the diesel cause that just gets you stuck. Leave that for a Toyota or Jeep

Another vote for Coopers AT. I ran them on my Dodge 3500 and they hooked up and lasted 55K. Probably would have gone a lot more if I could have kept my foot out of it. I didn't do much off roading with the diesel cause that just gets you stuck. Leave that for a Toyota or Jeep

The duratracs are great. I went through same thing. Ran BFG's and also ran the Toyo's. Toyo's lasted but not so much traction in mud. BFG's good in mud did not last for $$$$.

Goodyears have been great in both. Ice and snow did great as well. Road noise excellant.

Running them on my duramax.

Outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man.

The duratracs are great. I went through same thing. Ran BFG's and also ran the Toyo's. Toyo's lasted but not so much traction in mud. BFG's good in mud did not last for $$$$.

Goodyears have been great in both. Ice and snow did great as well. Road noise excellant.

Running them on my duramax.

Outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man.

+1 on the Nitto Trail Grappler, put them on last June, and they are the quietest and nicest riding "Big Tire" I have ever had on my trucks. Don't off road much in them but for an aggressive tire they ride amazing.

+1 on the Nitto Trail Grappler, put them on last June, and they are the quietest and nicest riding "Big Tire" I have ever had on my trucks. Don't off road much in them but for an aggressive tire they ride amazing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom