Another Cali Hog Down

C

CHWine

We had our usual posse out this past weekend but I was the only one who popped a cap. Thanks to my dog Peewee we got into a band of about 8 pigs. This is one of those great meat pigs: about 140 pounds live weight with just enough fat. Another kill with my M1A!
5328hog.jpg

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

Perfect eating size! I'm still eating sausage from the last one I shoot down in south Texas and you can't beat it.

Gee, that looks like a fun hunt with great meat afterwards! Brave little doggie, lol.

Cool... And your right, those Zins Are a perfect match.

Heck, those little strike dogs are the best, the hogs don't run as much on ya.

I will be chasing those again this summer down around Soledad. What general area did you pull this spotted hog?

Philo/Boonville, Mendocino County. These critters are pests to anyone who owns land for farming or grazing. Their numbers have been down for the past 5 years, but the last couple, they have blown up again. A fun animal to hunt when the off season for deer is so long. It keeps us in shape (although pigs are much easier to hunt than trophy blacktails!) and keeps our hunting skills somewhat sharp and its another thing we can share with our dogs (why the antis haven't f_cked that up I'll never know!)

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom