Another 20 incher

C

CHWine

4246chbuck_2.jpg

I can't remember when we've taken two 20 inchers in this kind of warm weather.

I started running a vineyard in the Boonville area about 18 months ago. It has some pretty good ground up above and we finally got a group big enough (6 of us) to do a serious push through an upper canyon. Even though I was one of the 'dogs' with my fox terrier, I was the lucky guy to get a shot. I know my buddy Brian had moved this buck forward and I just happen to see him high above me looking down thinking he was hidden. Estimated at 200 yds, this is the first big game animal with my Springfield M1A. He was on a steep sidehill but luckily he got hung up in some tree limbs and not slide down another 100 yards!

It still took about 45 minutes for all of us to get him out whole. He's a 20 1/2 wide 3x3 plus one eyeguard. Thanks to all my buddies (Fred, my Bro Tom, Shep, Brian, Bart and Ethan) for the help getting this one out!

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

Nice work CH!!

All I have is a D tag this year by accident- really missing hunting CA- B zone right now.

My Girl loves- loves wine. Was wondering what type/brand of wine your vineyard sells? Then I could buy her a bottle and say, "see.. this guy from monstermuleys makes this".

Cool Buck and congrats.

P.S. she is always claiming how steaks/ venison makes the wine better..

> good looking buck,how
>has the number of deer
>holding out more or less
>from last year?

On our main place here in Ukiah, I think we're looking pretty good on the deer crop. I saw many groups of 5-7 bucks during scouting in June/July.

>Nice work CH!!
>
>All I have is a D
>tag this year by accident-
>really missing hunting CA- B
>zone right now.
>
>My Girl loves- loves wine.
>Was wondering what type/brand of
>wine your vineyard sells?
>Then I could buy her
>a bottle and say, "see..
>this guy from monstermuleys makes
>this".
>
>Cool Buck and congrats.
>
>P.S. she is always claiming how

I grow lots of different things for many wineries. I sell lots of stuff to Navarro, like Syrah, Zinfandel, Cabernet and Pinot. They have great wines at very good prices. They also have a great website for easy ordering. www.navarrowine.com
>steaks/ venison makes the wine
>better..

Beautiful buck. You don't hear much any more about pushing a chunk of ground. That really is a very effective way to hunt blacktails, especially in the hot weather. Get 'em up and moving and cover the escape routes. We're missing the boat on that. If you learn the ground it can be deadly.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom