Animal-Rights Criminals

H

Hogzillakilla

I was just informed of a situation should anger every hunter out there. A friend of mine went out to a local Wasatch front canyon for the Elk Hunt opener and found a group of people with their dogs that had bells tied to their collars. They were running up the canyon to scare all of the elk away. I called the poaching hotline and was told that if you see this happening to call the regional DWR office or the poaching hotline if after hours. This is a crime against all ethical hunters and can be stopped. Pass the word around.

Its public land. They can do that if they want to.

Be smart, get in front of them and let them push the elk to you. Be sure to thank them after, it would really piss them off.

Actually, deliberatly interfering with legal hunting (as in the example above) is against the law in most states (look up hunter harrassment).

I would gladly give up 1 day of hunting to photograph these idiots and call the Sherrif/DNR officer, etc.

We all should have their numbers on speed dial.

It is illegal in Utah; here is a link

23-20-29. Interference with hunting prohibited -- Action to recover damages -- Exceptions.
(1) A person is guilty of a class B misdemeanor who intentionally interferes with the right of a person licensed and legally hunting under Chapter 19, Licenses, Permits, and Tags to take wildlife by driving, harassing, or intentionally disturbing any species of wildlife for the purpose of disrupting a legal hunt, trapping, or predator control...

The next section also covers this topic.

Maybe it was a guy with a couple of bird dogs chasing grouse... Not sure if the seasons overlap but every once in awhile I run into that here in Ca. I would never do that but suprisingly there are quite a few bird hunters who pay no attention to big game seasons.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Maybe they new it was opener and just wanted to have all their dogs safe while the season was on.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom