...And New...

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I like the Irish accent just as much as the next guy, but do we really have to listen to Conor McGregor talk for the next 2 1/2 months until his next fight with Jose Aldo? Good thing I have a gun!

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

He's a bad man but somebody will come along just a little bit badder before long and he'll get rouseyed!

Amen...I agree DW. I think that person will be Tony Ferguson.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

My mistake...Ferguson is a lightweight not featherweight and I don't think he'd be able to move down a division.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-15 AT 08:55AM (MST)[p]I expected Connor to knock out Jose. He is only about 40 lbs heavier than him (walking weight) - it's kind of like Mike Tyson sucking down to fight Oscar De La Hoya back in the day. Just too big, too powerful.

What I didn't expect though was the way Rockhold totally dismantled Weidman. Weidman looked outclassed the whole fight. What a beat down!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

My son was yelling at Chris to get up. Wow crazy fights all night. The grappling war was sure a one sided fight.

DZ

I waited to almost fight time and "rented the fight" on PPV hoping nothing like the last time I did this. Well I wanted the main fight to last longer and maybe the wild Irishman would beat the chit out of Jose Aldo but then a 13 SECOND KO is not bad either. Chris was not into the fight at all, what a beating he took.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

He got into Aldo's head. Dont expect that to happen twice. McGregor may just OD before the rematch.

I agree with you, Paul. When I saw Aldo up against the fence in the introductions, he looked beat already...almost scared. He looked intimidated. It was like all the talking the McGregor did over the first 3 months...plus the additional month and a half after his rib injury just got into his head. Aldo told the media that he never watched the McGregor/Mendes fight....gimme a break! Silly Brazilian.
I think the next fight will be a little different in that it will go possibly into the 2nd round but the outcome will be the same. Conor is just too long...Aldo can't reach him with leg kicks and certainly can't shoot on him. I could see Conor getting cocky and "playing" with Aldo a little bit and getting caught the same way Anderson Silva did. We shall see. It'll be another huge payday for the UFC.

The best fight of the weekend was Tony Ferguson beating Edson Barbosa. That was a great fight.

Can't wait to see Tamdan McCrory fight in the UFC again (Dec 19th). I always loved the Barn Cat! What a weirdo...but a scrapper.

>He got into Aldo's head.
>Dont expect that to happen
>twice.

Well actually I think his fist got in to Aldo's face to be more precise! ;-)

Yeah I know what you mean though - it didn't appear that Jose was as invested in it as Connor was. I still think Connor should be fighting up two weight classes. He has already stated that he wants to fight at 145 too and hold both belts. And I am not sure Aldo gets an immediate rematch. I think Frankie Edgar gets a shot before Aldo gets a rematch.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

>
>What I didn't expect though was
>the way Rockhold totally dismantled
>Weidman. Weidman looked outclassed the
>whole fight. What a beat
>down!
>
>

I didn't realize you were so into fights, bro. K2 should really be your kid. You two could watch sports center 24/7 and rattle off all the weird and useless facts ya'll have stored in your brains. One day he'll rival you in trivial pursuit in sports info.

>Aldo and McGregor are featherweights (145).
>McGregor will move up to
>lightweight and fight Cerrone when
>he beats Dos Anjos on
>Sat night.
>
>http://mmajunkie.com/2015/12/dana-w...immediate-title-shot-with-move-to-lightweight
>
>Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good
>health for granted because it
>can be gone in a
>heartbeat. Please go back and
>read the last line. This
>time really understand what it
>says.

OOPS - what did I say? He was moving up to 145? Might have meant from 145 - yeah, I knew he wants to do it against Cowboy - that would be a mega-fight. I am pretty sure he will handle Dos Anjos too. Should be a good one!

HOOK 'EM!

It is not USELESS knowledge!!!

I use it to win arguments on the internet all the time.

SHEESH!!

HOOK 'EM!

Looks like Conor is going to get $100 Million payday according to paper this morning.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

I don't see 100 million but I could see 20 million. Maybe I'm wrong, Brian. Did they break it down where the 100 mil was coming from? They've really marketed the UFC well. Think about all of the countries that are buying pay per view. I started watching the UFC about 10 years ago when the main card fighters were making $20K a fight. That is chump change for the top guys now.
I don't like that they all wear Reebok shorts now...just a way the UFC takes money out of the fighters pocket.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom