Amtrak wreck

That's tragic Eel!

The dude was driving the "Indy" train at over 100 MPH through the corner. Now he can't remember anything, according to his attorney!

Zeke

Sad thing for sure.

2311idiot.jpg

Very sad day for your family. We will say a prayer for him.

Watching the CBS news this AM an expert explained that even though that direction track did not have the special sensors to control the train around that turn electronically . That train has an internal fail safe built into the engine controls. At the engineer control station once a certain speed is noticed by the electronics. A signal is sent to the engineer. The engineer must then push a button to show he is there and in control. This signal repeats over and over and the engineer must continue to push the button to show he is control . Once the button is not pushed within a couple seconds. The entire train shuts down automatically.
with so much computerized these days.

Sounds like a good paper trail of electronic data will help bring that engineers memory back wether he likes it or not. With that type system that engineer appears to be in the hot seat.

))))------->

trophyhunter, thanks for that. One of my cousins is an engineer for the railroad. He hauls freight between Portola, CA and Elko, NV. He makes several trips a week. I haven't talked to him recently, but he has told me that everything is computerized now days. The train practically runs itself.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out for sure.

He also has plenty of stories of the huge mule deer he's seen over the years while making that run.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom