Ammo Suply ?

nickman

Long Time Member
A topic came up in conversation this afternoon with several "outdoorsmen", most weren't just hunters.

Someone asked, "How much ammo do you have stored up?"

I kind of laughed to myself, thinking that if I told the truth, they might think I was some kind of "survivalist", so I sort of backed up to see what they were going to say.

Turns out, I ain't got squat, compared to these guys.....and I have somewhere around 7,500 rounds! Over half of that is rimfire stuff. A lot of shotgun shells. I have no "black rifle" ammo burners.

At least 3 of this group have been buying $200 worth every month since the Democratic National Convention ended last summer!

First off, let me say that I ain't all caught up with "the sky is falling!" thing. And while I believe that a bunch of dumb gun/ammunition laws will be on paper real soon, I ain't gonna panic.

A couple 6 phone calls later to some other friends confirmed it......I ain't got squat!

Help me out here guys'....how much you got stored and what is a reasonable goal?

Nick,
Not near enough, probably 8-10k in various calibers.
Pistol .22,.25,.32,.38,.380,.357,9MM,.40,.44,.45
Rifle 22-250,.223,.270,.32Win SP,30-06,.300WSM,.338mag,.45-70
I want at least 1000rds for each caliber
That's the good thing about Bow hunting, I don't think you need that many arrows.

Tom
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.

I have more than enough...And enough components that I can load even more...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Good question Nickman though not sure how many guys are going to respond...at least honestly. I have 3-4 bricks of 22lr stuff, 4-5 boxes 38+p, 10 or so boxes upland 12 gauge, 10 or so boxes of trap loads, 7-8 boxes of 20 gauge stuff, maybe 50 rounds Hevi-shot BB, 20 12guage slugs, misc assortment buckshot, and at least 50 rounds for each centerfire gun i own, some a bit more.

I've heard it said, enough ammo to start a war, might not be enough to finish one. :) Two of my best friends are reloading addicts. I been meaning to get another 50 or so more rounds worked up for the centerfires.

I too do not expect drastic changes in our ability to get components or ammo. There's bigger fish to fry and the country, our country, just won't stand for it!

Joey

+1 Joey, HR-45 and more to come.
Although, I'd rather accumulate as much as I can.

Tom

I got a bunch......and I need to some powder and I'm cringing to see what the price is....

I have a couple hundred I guess. I'm not one much to go out and shoot for the joy of shooting though.

I could defend my house against an intruder but if the National Guard or other military branch shows up I'm going to play like a good Iraqi.:)

I think my next batch of centerfire ammo will be non-toxic bullets because I think the lead ban thing is comming here in Kali.

Eel

I have a enough of everything and I also have reloading componets should I really need more. I have a ton of .45 acp stuff that I bought last year but I don't shoot them much and I am not sure why I bought all that stuff.

I always take my .45 compact on my boat when I go out in case of pirates but so far luck has been with me and I have not been attacked but if they do... I'm ready for em.

I probably got 10 lbs of powder all together of different kinds for my rifles I load for. About 600 primers & enough brass and bullets to last about 2-3yrs.

I have got a couple bricks of rim fire and 45 acp and 9mm ammo too. But, I want to get seriously get stocked up and try to have enough not to have to worry about it for a long, long time.

I ain't got chit either compared to the people I've talked to lately at the gun shops. Most say they have enough to do the rest of their lifetime!

nnl.gif

GO HEELS!

We stopped Cabelas yesterday on our way home from the Expo.Never seen it so quiet.Might have been 50 people in there shopping.They had just gotten a shipment of shotgun ammo and 22 ammo in.I cant believe how the prices for the 22ammo has jumped.I bought a case of 5000 rounds back in Oct.and paid $110.00.Now the same shells are over $200.00.I checked on getting some 243 brass and bullets to reload.No brass,only 200 hollowpoint bullets.The people that were in there were all in the rifle and ammo section.Things are sure changeing.I have some ammo stocked up but not alot like some people.(ROD)

I guess when the government gets around to raising prices on ammo we should be used to it.

Everyone freaked out and started buying everything in stores as fast as it comes in. Now you can hardly find what you want. Because of the recent demand and shortage, prices are going through the roof.

We are our own enemy. Everyone complains about the governments attempts to raise prices, but what about what were doing? I want the ammo to shoot, not to hoard.

Is that ethical?

I've got a box and a half of 9MM hollow points and another half box of FMJ's - I can hold them off for the initial charge but after that I am gonna have to ask some of you boys for some help!

I am not too worried.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I can't even begin to estimate. But, most of what I have isn't made yet. I don't buy factory except for rimfire and shotshells. The shotshell thing is about to change. I do however get components every chance I get. I even scavenge brass from the trash at my range, whether I load it or not. If you don't handload, I'd look into it. mtmuley

1200 rds of .223
2500-3000 rds of .22
150 rds of .45 long colt
500 rds of 22-250
60 rds of .300 win mag
650 rds of .40
950-1000 of 12 gauge
200 rds of .54 muzzy with powder and primers

Need to get some more.

>I've got a box and a
>half of 9MM hollow points
>and another half box of
>FMJ's - I can hold
>them off for the initial
>charge but after that I
>am gonna have to ask
>some of you boys for
>some help!
>
>I am not too worried.

Well Roy since I have not had any incidents with pirates so I can help if you run short after the initial charge. Just give me a shout.. I have lots of .45 ammo...

Jim

now that you all confessed, the DOJ will be looking into your back rounds ASAP......

They already have. Concealed carry permit, passport, Twic card through Homeland Security, HAZMAT CDL, whats one more?

Tom

LAST EDITED ON Feb-07-09 AT 09:04PM (MST)[p]I have the following.

200 rounds of 12 gauge.

100 rounds of 300.

40 30-30

some 44

lots of 40 ammo

100 30-06

20 300sm

crap load of 22 and 22-250.

if all else fails my son has 10,000 air soft BB'S.

And my storage would be my 45 and whatever my neighbors have. LOL Jason

Did an inventory of my Ammo, was surprised to see I had this much but I still keep buying.

25.60.............300 rounds
280...............400 rounds
300 Weatherby.....120 rounds
223............... 40 rounds
7x57Mauser........ 40 rounds
30-30............. 20 rounds
38-55............. 20 rounds
44Mag.............100 rounds
357Mag............150 rounds
12ga..............120 rounds
22Mag.............400 rounds
TOTAL...........1,810 ROUNDS