Ammo question

P

Pj922

I am sure that this has been posted before but I couldn't find it
Which do you prefer
Barnes tsx vs Nosler partition in 30-06 180 grain for elk. . I hunt white tails doen here in sc, so i normally go with the partitions.

Barnes tsx. Will hold together better. Better wound channel to track with if you make a not so good shot.

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

You really can lose with either one. I'd go with whatever my gun liked better.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I agree with justr_86. Whatever gives the best accuracy, use it. Personally, I use 165gr Partitions, but that is just what my '06 likes.

Before you die.....Take time to live

I would go with the 165 grain in whatever you shoot. The 165 grain seems to be the choice for 06. I personally shoot trophy bonded bear claw federals in 165 and it is a elk killing machine. I shoot a browning a-bolt(some guns like different ammo) but for the most part I do think 180 grains is too heavy.

I agree that ALL the bullets spoken of are great elk bullets! No flies on any of them. They all worked great on smaller big game animals too.

Most of my guns shoot the Barnes TSX or TTSX very very well but I have one rifle which only likes the Nosler Accubond (BOOHOO). It's another one of the "good ones" which has been talked about.

Zeke

As it has been said, shoot what you and your gun shoot most accurately. Wound channel, expansion, weigh retention, and all the other stuff doesn't mean a thing unless you hit what your shooting at. JB

My elk medicine 300 WbyMag 150grn AccBond

Living in Idaho and hunting elk with passion since 1985, I don't think you can go wrong with a Nosler partition bullet. The front end mushrooms but the rear portion retains mass and penetrates. "Full on" deadly.

I agree with the 165 grain bullets for the 06. This seems to be the ideal weight for this caliber. Our family all shoot 06s and all of our guns like the 165 gr bullets best. We have never had an issue with bullet performance on elk and deer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom