ammo and the firefighter

feddoc

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-24-13 AT 04:26PM (MST)[p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SlOXowwC4c&feature=youtu.be

I would like to be there to sweep up the waste...

very good video.....and well done

Limit all US politicians to two terms.. One in office
One in prison ......
Illinois already does this, and it seems to be working for them.

I WAS INVOLVED IN A GUN SHOP FIRE BACK IN THE EARLY 80'S AS A FIREFIGHTER (30 YEARS). AMMO DISCHARGED FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS,I WOULD SAY 20 THOUSAND ROUNDS OR MORE.....OUT OF 28 F/F NO F/F GOT TOUCHED BY A CASING OR SLUG. THE BLACK POWDER EXPLOSIONS WERE A MUCH DIFFERENT STORY....THEY LIT UP THE SKY...............YD.

We had a Home burn down in 1999, I had allot of ammo and reloading stuff in the basement. Some of the ammo burst (some still had the slug in the case mouth). I had cans of H441, IMR4350,Unique shotgun powder,and others. All the powder either popped the lids or melted.And none of it exploded,it burned like a sparkler. The 4 lbs of black powder was a different story, It took out an 4'X8' hole in the wall between the reloading room and the computer room. The fire started at the junction of the electrical meter on the outside of the house and went into the attic and basement in about 10 minuets.

no wonder there is a shortage they are burning it all up.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

We watched this just after a fire that had fireworks/explosives going off inside. Didn't know at the time what was going off, so we stayed back and cooled it from a distance. Later that day, we watched that video. Brought a tear to my eye seeing all that ammo get destroyed. I think it was nearly 500K rounds if I remember right. But it did answer a lot of questions from my childhood scouting experiences. Namely, why aren't we all dead? Someone was always throwing 22 ammo into the fire at night. Bet I am not the only one who had that experience...

One night sitting around the campfire, I got hit right above and between the eyes from a too hot 22lr shell. Not sure if it was the bullet or the shell casing, didn't find it, a little dent but no blood was drawn.

Scared the crap outa me though, i'll admit that!!

I found this flick VERY informative! Thanks to the OP!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom