Always take a camera!

TripleK

Long Time Member
I keep my binos in my truck all the time, but not my camera and I sure could've used it today. (This story just isn't going to be any good w/out pictures though.) We were out looking at the fire burn area just a few miles from the house, near the mouth of Uintah Canyon and browsing by the river were two big ol' bull moose.

We sat and watched them for quite a while and I could've taken a million pictures. Seeing those two big boys makes me want that moose tag even more, too. Maybe I'll draw out someday, eh?

Then we went a little further down the road and saw 6 bucks grazing out in a hayfield, one of them was pretty nice, too. BUT NO CAMERA!! dangit! Could've taken pics of the burn area too.

Earlier today I saw 8 really nice bull elk too. But they were high fence bulls so that wasn't exciting and I wouldn't have taken pics of them anyway. BTW...Bobcat...that elk ranch is for sale if you're looking for a retirement job (the one coming up out of Hancock Cove just north of the turnoff to Bluebell). LOL ;-)

See...my story sucks without the pictures. ALWAYS TAKE A CAMERA!!!

TTK, being a newsperson you should know better! LOL! There was a short spot on the national news the other day (radio) and some gal named Jennifer (I didn't catch the last name) was talking about the Utah fire. Could that have been you? She had a very nice voice.:)

Eel

eel!!!

I'M PRETTY SURE IT WAS TEE-TEE-K!!!

AND TEE-TEE-K!!!

YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR CAMERA & YOUR GUN DON'T YA???

THE DAY ME & MY FRIEND RODE UP TO LOOK AT THE FIRE HE SAID THE SAME THING,#### I WISHED I'D OF BROUGHT MY CAMERA!!!

WE SAW A SMALL TORNADO (GIANT WHIRLYWIND!!!) WHERE THE FIRE HAD ALREADY BURNT & IT LOOKED WAY BADDER THAN IT WAS STIRRING ALL THAT BLACK ASH UP,WE GOT WITHIN 75 FEET OF IT & DECIDED THAT WAS CLOSE ENOUGH,I COULD SEE A 4 x 8 PIECE OF PLYWOOD UP IN THE AIR ABOUT 200 FEET THROWING IT AROUND LIKE CANDY WRAPPER!!!

HOW THE FIRE DIDN'T TAKE SOME OF THEM HOMES ONLY GOD KNOWS???

YA,I SEE THE ELK RANCH FOR SALE!!!

NOT MY CUP OF TEA THOUGH!!!

WOULDN'T MIND HAVING A BIG OLE BULL AROUND FOR A PET BUT I'D NEVER LET NOBODY SHOOT HIM!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-15-07 AT 09:51AM (MST)[p]No, I doubt it was me. I did a call in on our CBS affiliate station the night the fire exploded, 2 weeks ago, and then I was on a couple of other newscasts talking about our community celebration on July 2nd, but that was about it.

See, I don't really do news anymore, but for some reason the radio station I maintain a website for gave the newsstation my number that first night. I'd been taking pictures of it for the website and I had talked to the Public Information Officer to get an update at 5 pm so I could put it on the website, too. That same guy couldn't give me any information when all the crap started going down. He wouldn't confirm any houses were burned, but I talked to eyewitnesses who had seen it and then I learned about my friends getting killed and I confirmed it when noone else would.

Then, I was in charge of advertising and media for our Neola Celebration, and I had to go to the Salt Lake newsstations and our local radio stations with our press release that we were going forward with the celebration in the middle of all the fire activity. So, that's why I was on for those stories but I didn't do anymore after that. I'm not actually a reporter, but I kinda had to play one during all that.

I don't want to do news at all. My dream job would be doing voice-overs for productions like commercials, books on tape, videos...anything like that.

This post would be better with Pics.

Wasn't suppose to happen. No it is not a puppy mill but one would think so. 11 puppies

469a403467210dc9.jpg

My latest big game hunt. I hate bees. Trying out my new cam.

469a428c6be1e790.jpg

Milford fire Sun

469a43566d620f06.jpg

Rutnbuck

TTK, Well that's kind of disappointing. I've been telling all my friends that I know the next Katie Couric. LOL!

Eel

Pumba! It's pumba!

No pics = no proof = didn't really happen.

JK - Well it's good to know some critters survived the fire!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

HEY Roy!!!

LIL SIS WAS TELLING ME ABOUT A FEW TIMES SHE DIDN'T FORGET HER CAMERA???

CARE TO "SPLAIN" IT TO US???

OR SHOULD WE JUST HAVE HER POST THE PICTURES???

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom