Alton CWMU

Bux n Dux

Can anyone tell me given the current bullchit that has taken place on this CWMU and several pending felonies and misdemeanor charges on the owner and guides of this property, how they still qualify for ANY permits next year? Let alone 25 private deer tags and 8 private elk tags? Why did they not suspend their COR immediately until everything is sorted out in court? Is this Mr. Shirley’s way of continuing to cover for and take care of his little naughty friend?

IMG_6142.png

This is Utah. Nothing to see here….

Should have been suspended pending a real change in operators. Without a clear and meaningful punishment the DWR is sending a message that if you are a high profile individual you can get away with just about anything wildlife related.

But to be fair, they have been sending that message for years.

Why would they take away their CWMU tags? Those are owned by the ranch, not the person. If they take their vouchers there won’t be any draw tags in there either.

Why would they take away their CWMU tags? Those are owned by the ranch, not the person. If they take their vouchers there won’t be any draw tags in there either.
How would we ever survive if we lost 5 whole permits in the public draw! Wouldn’t that be the end of the world!

They need to lose the tags because they were abused by the operator.

How would we ever survive if we lost 5 whole permits in the public draw! Wouldn’t that be the end of the world!

They need to lose the tags because they were abused by the operator.
5 tags are a big deal when the SFW auctions them to raise money, but no big deal when they close a CWMU? Ok.

5 tags are a big deal when the SFW auctions them to raise money, but no big deal when they close a CWMU? Ok.
In this case they should suspend the Alton CWMU permits and transfer the 5 public permits to the regular draws. 5 more permits spread out over the 3 seasons wouldn't hunt anything at all.

In this case they should suspend the Alton CWMU permits and transfer the 5 public permits to the regular draws. 5 more permits spread out over the 3 seasons wouldn't hunt anything at all.
And shoot 5 more bucks off the same acreage as they were and leave the Alton unhunted? I bet they’d just love that. It’ll make it that much better when they get their tags reinstated.

And shoot 5 more bucks off the same acreage as they were and leave the Alton unhunted? I bet they’d just love that. It’ll make it that much better when they get their tags reinstated.
Do you think those bucks never leave the Alton CWMU? The paid Alton CWMU hunters kill most of the bucks on the Archery and muzzleloader hunts because by the first of October they are migrating south (to public ground in Utah and Arizona) and are gone.
When I had my Muzzy tag I hunted an area that had new bucks everyday coming though. These bucks came from the Alton CWMU area.

In this case, there needs to be a spanking of the Alton CWMU so that they know they are not above the law. That spanking needs to come in the terms of lost $$$ from losing permits for a year or two. Also, they should be penalized by having their tag allocations readjusted to give more permits to public hunters.
If they don't like it, they can discontinue their CWMU and take their chances in the LE draw like all the other Knuckleheads.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom