Alpha In The Clink??

I believe if that’s the case it should be discussed and he should never guide nor own or handle a firearm again. It wasn’t only her, but it says in “presence of a child”, “unlawful detention”, “assault”, “threats” and “intoxication”. So hunters definitely need to know about this.

1. No dude should ever touch a woman.

2. This ain’t the place to discuss the worst moments of a persons life. It’s none of our business and it should stay that way.

I'm sure the gal getting her ass beat appreciates at least one person with the balls to make it their business and now the guy can spend some time in jail.

So?

You're Telling Me I Can't Even Touch My Woman?

Not Even In A Good Way Which Is The Only Way?

Now She Might Club Me!

Just Sayin!

2. This ain’t the place to discuss the worst moments of a persons life. It’s none of our business and it should stay that way.

Last edited:
My understanding his wife is a OBGYN. Not just a random person. Pretty horrible if true.

I don’t mean to split hairs here, as no abuse is acceptable and all violence against women is inexcusable, but I kind of view it the opposite. An OBGYN has resources and abilities outside of their relationship. What about the high school education only housewife with nowhere to go and nothing to do? Or in other words, some random person?

Domestic violence is a real problem. It happens all around you. Keep your eyes open and say something if you see something. You just might save someone’s life.

Correct.

Does this apply to other guides and their criminal actions? Is this where I should insert a Trump comment to inflame the thread and keep people coming to it?

Also, domestic violence thrives in secrecy and darkness. It is perpetuated because it is “none of our business.” So, I respectfully disagree. We should be shining the light on this scourge on our society every chance we get. Maybe, just maybe, if all these “men” are exposed the problem will decrease.

Correct.

Does this apply to other guides and their criminal actions? Is this where I should insert a Trump comment to inflame the thread and keep people coming to it?

Also, domestic violence thrives in secrecy and darkness. It is perpetuated because it is “none of our business.” So, I respectfully disagree. We should be shining the light on this scourge on our society every chance we get. Maybe, just maybe, if all these “men” are exposed the problem will decrease.
Here’s my take on this, it’s no longer secret. The bad part is done, it’s just a nightmare for everyone, the wife, the family, him.

Hashing out DV publicly because a party is well known doesn’t help anyone and at this point, that’s what everyone needs IMO help.

I hate these. With every fiber of my being, it’s a self made hell.

I don’t mean to split hairs here, as no abuse is acceptable and all violence against women is inexcusable, but I kind of view it the opposite. An OBGYN has resources and abilities outside of their relationship. What about the high school education only housewife with nowhere to go and nothing to do? Or in other words, some random person?

Domestic violence is a real problem. It happens all around you. Keep your eyes open and say something if you see something. You just might save

It's not an argument. That was my point. A random person may be less likely to report it than a professional. But a professional has the ability to destroy your life beyond the charges. I have hunted with that kid before. Before he was licensed and after. Mega ego.

This^^

Here’s my take on this, it’s no longer secret. The bad part is done, it’s just a nightmare for everyone, the wife, the family, him.

Hashing out DV publicly because a party is well known doesn’t help anyone and at this point, that’s what everyone needs IMO help.

I hate these. With every fiber of my being, it’s a self made hell.

Agree to disagree on my end then. I'm all for publicly showing the actions of "men" and how poorly they treat women any time we get the chance. Burying our heads in the sand for generations certainly hasn't helped improve the situation.

And as far as being "well known," I don't even know this guy's name. I don't know who he is, and it doesn't really matter to me. Regardless of the who, it's wrong, and should be called out as such.

Well Niller!

As Long As You've Been Packin That LL & You Don't Know Who He Is?

I Thought You Knew Everything About Everybody!

Agree to disagree on my end then. I'm all for publicly showing the actions of "men" and how poorly they treat women any time we get the chance. Burying our heads in the sand for generations certainly hasn't helped improve the situation.

And as far as being "well known," I don't even know this guy's name. I don't know who he is, and it doesn't really matter to me. Regardless of the who, it's wrong, and should be called out as such.

I’m not sure about this part, seems a little jaded…….. if you’d said “too many men, or some men” treat women poorly, I definitely would agree.

I totally agree with your second paragraph, with one exception, I want to see a guilty verdict before I decide the individual has earned the contempt, whether I know him or not……. which I don’t.

Same as I felt about Wade Lemon.

Hey Lumpy?

As you Know!

They Are Tried Right Here On MM Long Before They Get Their Next Trial!

I’m not sure about this part, seems a little jaded…….. if you’d said “too many men, or some men” treat women poorly, I definitely would agree.

I totally agree with your second paragraph, with one exception, I want to see a guilty verdict before I decide the individual has earned the contempt, whether I know him or not……. which I don’t.

I accept that friendly amendment! Not all men do this and it was not my intent to suggest they do. I can see how my post could be read that way, however, so thank you for the correction.

I think you’d be surprised how large of a problem this is. Both in domestic violence and sexual assault, the numbers are staggering, and that is only those that report. We know many don’t.

IMG_0963.png

I accept that friendly amendment! Not all men do this and it was not my intent to suggest they do. I can see how my post could be read that way, however, so thank you for the correction.

I think you’d be surprised how large of a problem this is. Both in domestic violence and sexual assault, the numbers are staggering, and that is only those that report. We know many don’t.
It definitely is a big nasty problem. I believe it always has been……. but that doesn’t make it any less disgusting. Offenders certainly deserve whatever it takes to correct their bad behavior.

I Won't Argue With You Niller But It's Not Always The Guys Fault!

What exactly would a woman have to do for you to feel justified in raping her, bess? What should I tell my daughters to avoid so that the sexual assault would not be their fault?

Or, if we want to be a little more relevant to this thread and the case referenced above, what would a woman need to do for you to be justified in pinning her down by the neck on the ground, cocking your other fist back and telling her you are going to put a bullet in her head?

That's Not What I Was Sayin Niller!

Just Meant The Abuse Happens From Both Sides!

And Yes I Know The Abuse Happens Way More From The He Side!

What Amazes Me The Most Is How Many Of Them Make Careers Out Of Family Violence!

I Can't Imagine Kids Having To Grow Up With That Kinda BS!
What exactly would a woman have to do for you to feel justified in raping her, bess? What should I tell my daughters to avoid so that the sexual assault would not be their fault?

Or, if we want to be a little more relevant to this thread and the case referenced above, what would a woman need to do for you to be justified in pinning her down by the neck on the ground, cocking your other fist back and telling her you are going to put a bullet in her head?

And One More Thing Niller!

Them Daughters Will Put Gray Hair On Your Head Quicker Than Sons!

Not Necessarily The Daughters!

But Them Wanna-Be Son-In-laws Can Work On You!

Ya!

I'm Talkin From Sperience!

But I Got Perty Lucky On That As Well!

Utah outfitters are on a roll this year… keep em coming! 😎
I would love to see them all go away. Throw them all in the clink for their violations and shadiness (just another byproduct of monetizing hunting in this state - these guides and outfitters will do ANYTHING to get their name in the spotlight and to kill the next spider bull.) I get that this specific situation is not a wildlife violation but my point still remains. The big guide and outfitter business in Utah provides ZERO NET benefit for sportsman or the resource.

I wish Casey Snider or others with influence would set their sights here rather than on scopes, trail cams, etc. (no pun intended).

No, it isn't.

1993 I met this girl. Bessie, she is the movie making girl you and I have discussed.

The night she left, she had accused me of sleeping with another woman (no, I didnt). Things escalated to the garage, where she grabbed a 20 ounce roofing hammer and threatened to crush my skull. I convinced her that trying that crap was incorrect. (Neighbors then called the cops at my request). She again threatened me with another hammer. Same result.

Cops show up, separate us, and immediately start questioning me about the assault. She was in the bedroom being questioned by one deputy. The guy talking to me was pretty certain I was the aggressor. I was 6'1" and about 240; she 5' 4" and about 132. Until I showed him the ever so slightly bleeding bite marks on my arm and suggested that he take a closer look.

He excused himself and after a brief pause, led her off in handcuffs.

No, it isn't.

1993 I met this girl. Bessie, she is the movie making girl you and I have discussed.

The night she left, she had accused me of sleeping with another woman (no, I didnt). Things escalated to the garage, where she grabbed a 20 ounce roofing hammer and threatened to crush my skull. I convinced her that trying that crap was incorrect. (Neighbors then called the cops at my request). She again threatened me with another hammer. Same result.

Cops show up, separate us, and immediately start questioning me about the assault. She was in the bedroom being questioned by one deputy. The guy talking to me was pretty certain I was the aggressor. I was 6'1" and about 240; she 5' 4" and about 132. Until I showed him the ever so slightly bleeding bite marks on my arm and suggested that he take a closer look.

He excused himself and after a brief pause, led her off in handcuffs.
If she was that crazy, she had to have been smoking hot!!

I would love to see them all go away. Throw them all in the clink for their violations and shadiness (just another byproduct of monetizing hunting in this state - these guides and outfitters will do ANYTHING to get their name in the spotlight and to kill the next spider bull.) I get that this specific situation is not a wildlife violation but my point still remains. The big guide and outfitter business in Utah provides ZERO NET benefit for sportsman or the resource.

I wish Casey Snider or others with influence would set their sights here rather than on scopes, trail cams, etc. (no pun intended).
You have no idea how much I agree with this statement. Eliminating guiding on public lands would damn near eliminate most of the social issues we Have right now in utah.

You have no idea how much I agree with this statement. Eliminating guiding on public lands would damn near eliminate most of the social issues we Have right now in utah.

Maybe they could make it illegal for "hunters" to bring 10 friends with them to help spot an animal as well......

Every YouTube elk video there is 1 guy with a tag and 10 of his closest buddies telling him where the bull is at over the walkie talkies while he slips in for the kill shot.....It sickens me to know that this kind of behavior is accepted by the majority out west or anywhere for that matter. No wonder MD are in decline.

Rant over.

As far as the woman beater, I say let him have his day in court. I've seen some really good men almost lose everything over a crazy b!tch woman (who should have been the one getting locked up).

No.

You don't get arrested for beating a woman if your innocent. I know Tri will claim otherwise, but you don't. Far too often women out of fear or guilt, won't pursue charges, it doesn't change the fact.

Years ago we did work on a abused women/family housing unit. It was like witness protection. No signs, no advertising, locked gates, card swipe entrance. Those women/kids lived in fear, even when the abuser wasn't there.
Let's be honest, because we all "know" this dude, it's not the first time he's smacked her. This isn't an accident. There's a well worn pattern.

And, sorry Cam, he's a hospitality buisness. Customers and potential customers have the right to know.

No.

You don't get arrested for beating a woman if your innocent. I know Tri will claim otherwise, but you don't. Far too often women out of fear or guilt, won't pursue charges, it doesn't change the fact.

Years ago we did work on a abused women/family housing unit. It was like witness protection. No signs, no advertising, locked gates, card swipe entrance. Those women/kids lived in fear, even when the abuser wasn't there.
Let's be honest, because we all "know" this dude, it's not the first time he's smacked her. This isn't an accident. There's a well worn pattern.

And, sorry Cam, he's a hospitality buisness. Customers and potential customers have the right to know.
But You've Gotta Admit Hossy!

Alot Of NON JACK-MORMONS Try & Hide This Kinda BS Like No Other!

A BIG F'N SECRET FOR SOME OF THEM!

No BEAVIS!

This Wasn't Directed At You!

But You've Gotta Admit Hossy!

Alot Of NON JACK-MORMONS Try & Hide This Kinda BS Like No Other!

A BIG F'N SECRET FOR SOME OF THEM!

No BEAVIS!

This Wasn't Directed At You!

“Mormons,” “Jack-Mormons,” Catholics, Muslims, Jews, agnostics, atheists, and everyone in between.

Like I said above, DV thrives in secret and darkness. Abusers are very good at manipulating and hiding things.

Every single person reading this knows someone in a DV situation, whether you know it or not.

No.

So it’s clear, I’d just as soon run a guy over with a train that’s guilty of this.

One of the bigger regrets I have in life is not pressing charges against a fella I got in a physical altercation with when I stood between him and the woman he had assaulted. I put him down hard, but good nature got the best of me and I declined charges justifying it by saying he’d had a bad day and the mix of prescriptions and booze got the best of him. She pressed charges and I should have been there standing with her.

Bottom line, I had a chance to do something not just talk tough and I did.

Where I get hung up is the kids and family, the fallout is far spread. Everyone that needs to know, knows. The secret is out, and from my perspective the more it gets unnecessarily hashed out publicly the more that innocent victims around him have to relive it. Every social media post is a reminder that dad is gone. Every awkward question that the wife has to field from a distant acquaintance. Each time that grandma and grandpa have to deal with the feeling that they let their daughter or grandkids down.

There’s no winners here. None. If it’s handled correctly the family will step in around her and kids and make sure that they are safe going forward. They’ll act as the shield. If it’s not handled correctly well that’s where horror stories happen.

Ruining the reputation of Garrett might be warranted, but at the cost of further hurting the wife and/or kids? I don’t think it’s worth it personally.

So it’s clear, I’d just as soon run a guy over with a train that’s guilty of this.

One of the bigger regrets I have in life is not pressing charges against a fella I got in a physical altercation with when I stood between him and the woman he had assaulted. I put him down hard, but good nature got the best of me and I declined charges justifying it by saying he’d had a bad day and the mix of prescriptions and booze got the best of him. She pressed charges and I should have been there standing with her.

Bottom line, I had a chance to do something not just talk tough and I did.

Where I get hung up is the kids and family, the fallout is far spread. Everyone that needs to know, knows. The secret is out, and from my perspective the more it gets unnecessarily hashed out publicly the more that innocent victims around him have to relive it. Every social media post is a reminder that dad is gone. Every awkward question that the wife has to field from a distant acquaintance. Each time that grandma and grandpa have to deal with the feeling that they let their daughter or grandkids down.

There’s no winners here. None. If it’s handled correctly the family will step in around her and kids and make sure that they are safe going forward. They’ll act as the shield. If it’s not handled correctly well that’s where horror stories happen.

Ruining the reputation of Garrett might be warranted, but at the cost of further hurting the wife and/or kids? I don’t think it’s worth it personally.

Agree with all except that last paragraph.

If a truck driver gets a DUI it affects his family. Teachers, doctors, lawyers, all can have their licenses pulled for including domestic violence.

He makes his living selling the publics wildlife, the public should get to know, and frankly they should get to end his license.

How many guides are now charged and convicted in the last year? The industry has major problems.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom