Almost got killed today in SLC

Blank

Long Time Member
Had to drive down and pick up my Mom at the airport today. Coming down from Idaho, we were a little early so was only going 72 mph in a 55 construction zone (trying to stay in the middle out of everyones way! They must have just come from church, and figured they had divine protection. What was I thinking?????????

Finally ended up in the left lane (they can only hit you on one side that way) and kicked it up to 80 mph to run WITH the traffic.

Can Daytona really be that hard to run in? WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like some one was watching out for you, or you wouldn't have made it out ok.

nothing gets me more than when the slowest car on the road is in the left lane!!! they can only hit you on one side if your in the right lane too, and you wont catch as many fingers. besides 30 miles further and you have to take the exit on the right side of the highway.why wait til the last minute to get to the right.

as far as i can tell, only having lived in utard for 13 years now, is that there is no "speed limit" only suggestions printed on signs.

4740a97d6c64292e.jpg

YOU BOYS UP IN SPUDVILLE NEED MORE PRACTICE IF YOU'RE GONNA DRIVE IN TARDVILLE!!!

I GAVE UP ON 80MPH MANY YEARS AGO!!!

I ROLL WITH THE FLOW OR OUT IN FRONT WHERE ITS SAFER!!!

IF IT TAKES 100MPH+ THEN SOBEIT!!!

AS I'VE STATED MANY OF TIMES!!!

TELL A TARD HE CAN'T & HE'LL GO OUT OF HIS WAY TO SHOW YOU HE WILL!!!

DOES ANYBODY BELIEVE ME???

GLAD YOU SURVIVED!!!

HOPE YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO BLINDFOLD YOU MOTHER???

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Bobcat

The drive through SLC scares the crap out of me. I don't drive real fast and get the finger alot while in big metro areas. I just got used to it. Try new york City where they make 15 miles an hour deadly.

Ransom

overton!!!

IF I CAN'T DRIVE AS FAST AS I WANT TO!!!

I DON'T NEED TO BE THERE!!!

NEW YORK CITY???

WTF???

CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WUSSIES ARE AFFRAID OF A FEW TARDVILLE DRIVING LESSONS ON HOW TO GET HOME QUICK!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Having lived and (survived) all my life in Utah ... I figured a couple of things out!

1. The best defense is a good offense.
2. Never wave with more than one finger.
3. If you can't stand the pressure ... take TRACKS.
4. People drive by "Devine Right" on Sunday.
5 There are 4 colors of traffic lights ... Green, Yellow, Orange and Red. Increase your speed accordingly.
6. Stick a cell phone in your ear even if your not talking to anyone.
7. When on the freeway, always pass on the left & then move to the right lane and slow down.
8. If you are really insecure, buy a big Honk'n diesel and conceal your identity.
9. If you drive a BMW ... the rules don't apply.
10 Where the hell is Pred when you need her.

RUS

HEY RUS!!!

I HOPE # 8 WASN'T DIRECTED AT ME???

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

I share your fear! I would rather hunt Cape Buff with a spear than drive through SLC. It's called the MORMON 500. It must be their religion that keeps them alive. It can't be anything else.

Eel

MORMON 500???

THATS THE:"DAILY MORMON 500"!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

I am sorry to admit, but Utahn's are the worst drivers there
are with Idaho a close second. I went to Washington last year
and couldn't believe how courteous the drivers were. They drove
the speed limit and stayed out of the passing lane when necessary.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-07 AT 07:57PM (MST)[p]The one guy who really impressed me had Nevada plates; passing me on the right while reading a map to see where he was! Must have grown up in Vegas. :)

Actually, Hawaii has the most courteous drivers. With no where to hide on an island, they know you can hunt them down eventually!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Pheonix. Too many people and not enough road.
San Diego and Los Angeles are pretty crazy too. Look out for the motorcycles passing you in the middle of the lanes. I'll just stay here in good ole Elko, Nevada and live the quiet life. fatrooster.

Hey BESS, I should of underlined insecure in #8 ... just punch that 'bad boy dodge' & pretend all that noise and stink is impressing the Altamont cheerleaders.

Never been to Elko. Are the "girls" as pretty as the ones in Ely?

RUS

HEY cliroRUS!!!

MIGHT OF FELT INSECURE ONCE OR TWICE IN MY TIME!!!

BUT YOU'VE NEVER SEEN ME CONCEAL MY IDENTITY!!!

I DID TRY & CONCEAL THE SMOKE ONCE BUT THAT DIDN'T WORK!!!

JUST ASK THAT JACK-ASS IN THE GEO!!!

I TRIED PUTTING IT ALL IN HIS CAB BUT THE GEO WOULDN'T HOLD ALL OF IT!!!

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Uh, just getting back in town from Orange County, CA, I would never call utahn's or Idahoan's "bad" drivers. You want to see some real freaks on the road, drive down I-15 to Disneyland....Holy crap!!!

I've been down and back, thru SLC on the 15 twice recently. I just set the diesels cruise on 85, they get out of the way most of the time.
First time down and back was going to NM hunting. The crew cab and camper combo going 85 tends to scare those little jap cars.

>HEY cliroRUS!!!
>
>MIGHT OF FELT INSECURE ONCE OR
>TWICE IN MY TIME!!!
>
>BUT YOU'VE NEVER SEEN ME CONCEAL
>MY IDENTITY!!!
>
>I DID TRY & CONCEAL THE
>SMOKE ONCE BUT THAT DIDN'T
>WORK!!!
>
>JUST ASK THAT JACK-ASS IN THE
>GEO!!!
>
>I TRIED PUTTING IT ALL IN
>HIS CAB BUT THE GEO
>WOULDN'T HOLD ALL OF IT!!!
>
>
>
469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

>
>THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT
>OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS
>IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN
>BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING
>TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

must have a Dodge. I tried that with my Ford one time, not enough smoke.

I've driven a lot in SLC and Austin (both know for bad traffic) and some in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, a little in CA and Vegas. The absolute worse though - and none of this cities can even hold a candle to it at all - is Miami. Half the residents there don't have licenses, the other half aren't even legal! It's still not as bas a Mexico City though. There you have 15 million cars on only about 6 miles of driveable roads that where donkeys and carts always have the right of way. Also - the TUFFBUCKERS and PREDATORS down there don't write tickets but you better get your wallet out anyway. The job only pays 500 pesos a month but most clear over $75K in US dollars a year! Also, you may get sandwiched between a couple of cars and all of a sudden be forced into making a turn and end up somewhere without street lights and they are needed in the middle of the day!

Even Miami ain't that bad but it is a whole hell of a lot worse than the Mormon500!

(Proud member of that race!)

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom