ALLSTATE...GOODHANDS PEOPLE...BS

YukonDall

Long Time Member
WELL DONT BELIEVE IT....ALLSTATE HAS HAD MY HOME & AUTO BUSINESS FOR 31 YEARS. I HAD A "LEAK IN A PIPE" THAT DID EXTENSIVE DAMAGE TO THE CARPET, WALLPAPER & FLOOR. THEY SAID: IF THE PIPE HAD BURST & NOT JUST LEAKED I WOULD HAVE BEEN COVERED. THE CLAIMS ADJUSTER WOULD NOT EVEN COME TO MY INSURED HOME FOR A LOOK.....BUT DID SAY SHE WAS "SORRY". MY AGENT DID SEND ME A NICE CARD ON MY BIRTHDAY.....THESE CLOWNS ARE HISTORY....AAA INSURANCE GETS MY BUSINESS/ AAA INSURED MY TRIP TO THE YUKON ALSO. JUST THOUGHT YOU FELLAS MIGHT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE "GOOD HANDS PEOPLE"............YD.

Most of them are a bunch of dirty dogs. My grandfather had a similar thing happen. He was insured with Farmers his whole life. In his late 60's he had a single at fault crash. Farmers could not dump him fast enough. The are all in bed together if you ask me.

498a6f395e505405.jpg

+ 2 1911!!!

I'VE SEEN IT MANY TIMES!!!

A LOT OF THEM HAVE BEEN OLDER PEOPLE THAT HAVE PAID INSURANCE PREMIUMS ALL THEIR LIVES & NEVER HAD A CLAIM!!!

AND THEN ONE DAY SOMETHING HAPPENS!!!

THEY GET TO THINKING:::

YA KNOW???

WE'VE PAID THAT DAMN INSURANCE ALL OUR LIVES & ITS TIME WE MAKE JUST ONE SMALL CLAIM!!!

THEN THEM DIRTY THIEVING BASTARDS DO ONE OF TWO THINGS!!!

THEY EITHER SAY: OH WE DON'T COVER THAT!!!

OR!!!

THEY PAY FOR THE SMALL CLAIM & CANCEL YOUR ASS!!!

AND THEN THEY WILL LIST YOU AS A "HIGH RISK" BECAUSE YOU MADE ONE SMALL CLAIM IN YOUR LIFE!!!

DON'T GET ME STARTED ON INSURANCE COMPANIES!!!

I'VE SEEN EVERYONE OF THEM SCREW PEOPLE OVER!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Yukon
I happen to represent policyholders in all types of insurance coverage disputes, yes I am an attorney!! I have sued many insurance companies over the years for their failures to provide the benefits promised. Anyway it is a typical exclusion to have in the standard homeowners policy, that water damages cause by slow leaks rather than a bursting pipe are not covered. So by switching to CSAA you have not cured the problem, at least as to what is covered under the terms of the policy. You might have addressed the anger you experienced from the inadaquate response you received to your notice of claim, but I suspect the ultimate decision to deny the claim would be the same if you have the same type of loss with your new insurer. Just an FYI.

THANKS....POINT WELL TAKEN. ITS BEING LOOKED INTO/ MY SON IN LAW IS AN LAWYER & WORKED IN INSURANCE LITIGATION.....WE WILL SEE WHERE THIS GOES. I AGREE WITH BESS.....THESE OUTFITS ARE REAL SOB TO WORK WITH.....YOU HAVE A CLAIM.....YOU GET DROPPED AFTER 2-3 DECADES WITH THEM..........YD.

Try Nationwide. I have made 2 claims on my auto policy and my rates haven't went up yet.

Insurance companies are cockroaches. If it was not for liability I would not even buy it. I would self insure and be much better off in the long run.
They did not get all those big buildings by pricing to cover losses and a moderate profit.

What they did to YD is wrong! But most companies are in trouble they've paid out huge sums with all the disasters we've had in the last 10 years and saved a lot of peoples from never being able to recover. I guess we all need to spend a little more time reading the endorsements and amendments that they send you in the mail. I'm sure a lot of things that used to get covered aren't any longer and I don't recall my agent calling me and telling me about the changes. I don't like them either Paul but they are a necessary part of life for most people because most can't self insure. I don't think any of us would be condemning them for handing us a check to rebuild our homes and paying for our furnishings in a loss and depending on your age you may never recover from something like that.

So far myself and my family have had good results with Nationwide.

Insurance agents are your best friend until you have a claim. My great grandma (100 years old) had a claim on her house, second in the last few years, and they immediately dropped her. If she is correct. They had their insurance with Farmers since back in the 40's or 50's. They all have their plus and minus just like everything else in life. Neighbor floods my basement through a window and I am covered. Water comes up through floor drain and i am SOL. Nice.

YD, i was with them the same way as u , just not quite as long,,, they are TERRIBLE , without a doubt the WORST customer service i've ever had to deal with,,,, and yes we went elsewhere as well,,,, but we still get a xmas card,,, in a nutshell you pay for premium service and get LESS than cut-rate service for your money,,,,,

I had a claim last year when my wifes truck was broken into. they beat in the door, broke the window. trashed the inside etc. insurance wouldn't even cover the broken window. that same insurance company had my house as well. they wouldn't cover anything stolen cuz they were not factory items. the other items were non house items n weren't covered under homeowners. my vehicle repair bill was $3k. I talked to my agent to see what all would be covered and low and behold all the sudden I realised that type of stuff was stolen. apparently I forgotg about my swaro spotting scope, golf clubs etc. 3 weeks later I got a check for $4k in the mail n used it to fix my truck and replace all stolen items. what a coincidence huh!

He who stomps the greatest stinky wins!

YD,

I have been with Allstate twice. They give you a great rate, then like clock work it starts going up until your premiums suck. The 20% increase this year was blamed on the economy? I guess they are the only ones hurting? The policy holders are not affected?

I switched to AAA like you said and saved $600 a year with more insurance. I gave Allstate two chances and was promised the premiums would stay low. They lied.

Well YukonDall they are "Goodhands" people. As along as you are handing them money from your hand to their hand.
They just don't like to give any back.

I guess I will go out on a limb here.....

I have my work and personal vehicle insured with Allstate.
I have had to make 2 claims in the past year. Excellent service, low rates.... Never had a problem.

However, I know many people who can't stand them?????

I think it all comes down to the agent. All of the companies are the same. I had Allstate and switched to save a few bucks and have been wishing I had stayed with Allstate ever since. I liked the service I got with them.

I HAVE HEARD SINCE KATRINA HIT THE SOUTH, ALLSTATE HAS REALLY TAKEN A DIVE ON DAMAGE CLAIMS.....OR LACK OF PAYOFFS ON CLAIMS......THEY ARE HISTORY W/ME......YD.

Everything I have insurance on is covered by Hartford, thru AARP.

I probably saved a grand a year since I switched from State Farm.

In 12 years, I have had 2 sizeable claims and I could not have been happier with the service.

THANKS FELENO.......AS FAR AS AARP.....DONT KNOW THE AGE....BUT WHEN YOU RETIRE THEY BOMBARD YOU WITH THEIR RECRUITMENT PROCESS....YD.

"IF THE PIPE HAD BURST & NOT JUST LEAKED I WOULD HAVE BEEN COVERED."

YD, before I would drop Allstate, I think maybe my hot water line by the tank might accidentally "burst" while checking for leaks. You're too honest.:)

Just kidding.

Eel

49d778ac3681054a.jpg

NMPaul....Not quite 80.....

Actually, I have directed several younger people to The Hartford program.

You will get a better deal if you are AARP member elligible, but the rates, IN EVERY CASE, have been very cost effective.

It is simple to get a quote.

I have "riders" on some of my guns that are listed as antique, or fairly irreplaceable and I am way comfortable with the cost of that coverage.

My safes, and the fact that I live 400 yards from the fire station, pretty much insure that I will not have a loss from fire or theft at home, but I am covered EVERYWHERE in the country, so I'm confident that I can protect my "stuff".

The best thing to do if a leak or flood causes damage is to call a good restoration company that deals with that kind of stuff. They know the only way they get paid is if the insurance company okays the claim and they know how to get the insurance company to okay the claim. I have been a subcontractor for several different restoration outfits and they know how to play the game by the insurance companies rules and win.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom