Albacore Tuna fishing, just shy of 200 in a day!

G

Gilliland440

For TBT, I wanted to share my video of a day out commercial fishing in New Zealand. We were hand lining albacore tuna as fast as we could, meanwhile the mako sharks were cleaning our hooks.

Enjoy

-JR

"Why do you pull them in by hand ? "

Because it's faster than pulling them in with your feet! :)

That ain't no cheap tuna in a can there folks. If you never had it, fresh Albacore tuna is REALLY good stuff!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I would think reeling them in to a net. Not grabbing the line. I only have experience with steelhead,salmon and Sturgeon up to 10' long so what do I know..lol

DM, yeah, i wouldn't think to do it that way either. It's a form of traditional take, also some commercial value in it. No messing with rods and reels, get them in as fast as possible and load the boat.

My Best Buddy from long ago goes out for them off the coast every year that they show up and he says that those Albacore will melt Steelhead tackle. I question him on that but he says that on lighter salt gear, they are terrific fighters.

Those weren't the biggest examples of albacore and they are just showing one way to do it.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom