Alaska Trout Fishing

larrbo

Very Active Member
We returned from Alaska a few days ago fishing for Rainbow Trout on fly rods. The fishing was tremendous with the average fish being 23-29 inches in length. If you love to fish for Rainbow's, the Bristol Bay region is the place to go.

46d715e4503e4f7f.jpg

That's awesome. I've fished the Kenai before, but Bristol is definately in the plans for the future. Beutiful bow.

zekers,

I have been up in that area 3 times to fish. If I can help you with any information send me a PM.

Beautiful fish! What river were you on? I fished the Naknek for salmon a few years ago and caught one really nice rainbow. There are some big ones there for sure!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

That fish was caught on Moraine Creek...we floated Moraine on three different days. We also fished Little Ku, Big Ku, and the Kvichak River where the lodge was that we stayed. The Kvichak has the really big rainbows that can go over 30". My wife caught one our last day that was 29 1/2" and I had one on that was bigger than that. On other trips up there we have fished many other of the streams and rivers in that area.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom