Alaska to Wyoming elk hunting...

A

AKsheephunter

I live up here in AK and looking to come down and bowhunt for elk. I have 2 preference points and have done a fair bit of research but haven't had much luck talking with bios. I have two general areas that I'm looking at but thinking I want to go general season instead of type 9.

More than anything I'd like to get away from roads and have decent numbers of elk to look for. I'm an on foot hunter and understand the wilderness issue for NR's.

Units 87,89, and 92 were what I had in mind but I see you have to get a feed ground permit and was told that the elk may not be there during archery season because they migrate? Is this true?

21 and 110 was the other areas I was looking at. I heard there are good numbers of elk but not to expect anything bigger than 260 type bulls. I'd like atleast to have a chance at a nice 6 point bull. So am a bit unsure about these two areas.

Any advice or pointers?

Thanks

I too was looking at 92 and have looked over maps and have an idea of where to go but did notice it is in the range of grizzlies. Are there a lot of bears in this area?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom