Alaska moose and Caribou pics please.

smitty

Very Active Member
I'm getting ready for my moose/caribou/black bear hunt later this year and would like to see some pics of animals you guys have taken up there. I'll be in the Talkeetna area.

Am I gonna need to take care of Ms smitty while you're gone?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Taken outside of Crescent City about 5 years ago by a turtle poacher.

moose-1.png

we really need to change the name of this site to "Everybodys an A$$HOLE" or "Sarcasm, Stupidity, Smarta$$"

I realize, that I'm one of the biggest perpetrators here, but good hell. Here I am, trying to drive some traffic through the site, (cause it's been boring as HELL) and this is the kind of responses I get?

Figures.

Can't wait to see what Chubby or that freaking idiot Titty have to say.

And to answer your question Bess, No. That would be the last plumbing repair call you'd ever make.

>we really need to change the
>name of this site to
>"Everybodys an A$$HOLE" or "Sarcasm,
>Stupidity, Smarta$$"
>
>I realize, that I'm one of
>the biggest perpetrators here, but
>good hell. Here I am,
>trying to drive some traffic
>through the site, (cause it's
>been boring as HELL) and
>this is the kind of
>responses I get?
>
>Figures.
>
>Can't wait to see what Chubby
>or that freaking idiot Titty
>have to say.
>
>And to answer your question Bess,
>No. That would be the
>last plumbing repair call you'd
>ever make.

Might Be My Last one!

But it would be a Good one!:D

RAZZIN Ya SMUT!

Somebody's got to!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

OK!

smitty's getting his titty riled up a bit!

So let's be Serious!

Take my word on it smitty!

Get some 150% Deet!

And 2 Head Nets!:D

Them SKEETERS up there are Thirsty!

Smitty,

Here are a few pics of a trip I made up there several years back.

Hit some great weather for everything but moose hunting. Hot, dry, and fires. Still an awesome trip, with a great friend and one I wont forget.

Typical day on the Yukon River:

IMG_3744.JPG

Saw several good black bears on this hillside, made a run at the best one, but never could find it once we got there:

IMG_3819.JPG

Saw quite a number of moose from here, lots of smoke and glassing was limited:

IMG_3762.JPG

Saw a small Fannin ram one day:

IMG_3727.JPG

Lots of history on that river:

IMG_3735.JPG

IMG_3835.JPG

A couple bulls we saw one evening:

IMG_3757.JPG

Bull I shot on the second to the last day we were on the river:

IMG_3788.JPG

If theres anything better than moose tenderloin on a willow fire...I've yet to find it. The view doesnt suck either.

IMG_3842.JPG

Bumped this guy on the last leg of the trip downriver:

IMG_3816.JPG

Sweet!

Thanks Buzz.

I almost forgot about wolves. Hoping to get really lucky and find some of those too.

Hey smitty?

You wanna borrow My Ruger Alaskan?

>Sure Bessy,
>
>As long as you don't want
>it back!

JUDAS smitty!

I was gonna bring Ms smitty back!:D (RAZZIN Ya Bud!:D)

You'll need an RUGER ALASKAN just to shoot SKEETERS up there!

2008 and 2011
5483hunt_08_098.jpg

3542hunt_08_103.jpg

2492hunt_08_023.jpg

5542hunt_08_040.jpg

3870hunt_08_083.jpg

6220hunt_08_013.jpg

905hunt_08_127.jpg

5487100_0456.jpg

7884100_0460.jpg

24242011_moose_hunt_2_008.jpg

3312100_0488.jpg

85742011_moose_hunt_003.jpg

83382011_moose_hunt_050.jpg

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Question mnt?

How'd you get away with shootin that PISSCUTTER Bull?

>Question mnt?
>
>How'd you get away with shootin
>that PISSCUTTER Bull?
>
Where we go it doesn't have brow tine or spread restrictions.

I shot it cause it was right next to camp and I wanted to concentrate on getting my Dad a big bull. We were worried about me packing 2 bulls myself any distance...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Spent two weeks on a river in ANWR last September. We were hoping for a moose or two as well but didn't get one.

Dad's bull
IMG_0471_zps7108ff8f.jpg

Bubba's bull
IMG_0477_zpsc7896407.jpg

My bull
IMG_0565_zps1558e848.jpg

Loaded boats
IMG_0627_zpsadb13e26.jpg

Floated through thousands of migrating caribou.
IMG_0700_zps702c979a.jpg

Meat Pole!
IMG_0717_zpsb4033cca.jpg

Waiting to get flown out.
IMG_0783_zpsf60a40fd.jpg

Can't wait to go back!

My black bear, Kuiu island.
8328picture012.jpg

My son's bear, Kuiu.
6361picture008-1.jpg

My buddy's Kodiak last fall. About 400 yards from our house.
4010mike_w.jpg

My Sitka last fall.
18dscn0286.jpg

I took this yesterday.
8231big_kitoi.jpg

I can't wait until Oct 25th, I drew a Kodiak bear tag for this fall. Going to take him with my longbow!

It was a DIY hunt. We did hire a hunt planner to help with the planning and logistics, but the hunting was just us. Dropped off and then picked up two weeks later.

I had worked as a river guide for a number of years back in college. Been hunting with family ever since I can remember so it wasn't too much of a stretch to make it happen.

I have a full trip report up on the Alaska Outdoors Directory float hunting forum it you want to read more details about the trip.

Even though we didn't connect on a moose the trip was a great success!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom