Alaska Dall Sheep 14C West

K

kho

Does anyone have experience with this unit? I drew a nonresident tag this year and I am looking for a guide. I have heard that the sheep in the Chugach have some of the best mass. Thanks. kho

Check with R&R Guide Service (Rod Schuh and Rob Jones). They have a reputation for really good hunts and big rams from 14C.

Blank gave you an excellent recommendation with R&R....but you also might want to check with Dan Montgomery...he's located in Wasilla, Ak. Both groups are my choices but there is also Braun Kopsack and he's good also. You've drawn an excellent area but you'd better be in sheep shape.

AKDAN

akdan I sent you a PM

Also anyone else here I am researching Braun Kosack for a dall sheep hunt, my first, and maybe only sheep hunt (unless lower 48 draw gods like me) - a once in a lifetime hunt - so I want to be sure I pick a good guide!

Don,

I have not hunted with Braun, but I did talk with one of his clients, actually, it was the guy had his mug shot in the Cabelas cataolge in the boot section. The guy gave Braun a raving review. Braun was a guide for Dan Montgomery back in the day. Braun is a world class dall sheep hunter. I called him last year and tried to book for 2007. He was booked until late 09 I believe. I ended up with another outfitter. I believe I got a good one, but deep down, I wish I was booked with Braun.
Good luck with your research. Make sure you talk to plenty of people, and ask the important questions before you pull the trigger.

Don......I answered your PM.....if you need more info....let me know. I do have one more good outfitter....but I'm setting in my office in China and don't have his address. Will check tonite and send tomorrow. Good luck.

Akdan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom