AK general Walrus......had to join the fun

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I moved to Alaska a couple months ago.

Got tired of watching everyone else have all fun. Got this guy after work.. 2 hour hunt, 423 yard shot. Not bad for my for my first Alaska Walrus, or so im told?

8745walrus.jpg

423 yards?? Isn't that an unethical distance for a spear! Wonder how many you had to wound before you got that one. Had to let a few limp away didn't you Eel?

Pretty typical. Guess I shouldn't expect much more.

You know, one day, Eel told me his walrus hunting method. He said it is rather simple.

First, he cuts a hole in the ice.

Second he lines the outside of the hole with peas.

So, when the walrus comes out of the hole to take a pea, he just kicks them in the ice hole!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Guess I shouldn't really worry too much about it, knowing you, that probably isn't even your Walrus, most likely your uncle's.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

Dang! I should have moved to Canada instead

Eel

GEEZ....why not just move to Prince of Wales Island and get it over so Ransom Stoddard Overton can have a place to sleep.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Eelgrass, nice Walrus! I'm curious how you got a walrus tag after being a resident for such a short time? :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Joey, it was gifted to me by an eskimo for sleeping with his wife. What exactly are you trying to say?

Feleno, come on up. The new carbon fiber bats are the ticket.

Here's the Polar Bear I took this morning.

590imagesca0g516u.jpg

Overton, he had to shoot it in the leg, so to slow it down before he beat the cub to death with his baseball bat.

Eel, you're in trouble now! That's a walrus cow, and cow season doesn't open for a couple more weeks. Right now is bull season. AK Fish and Game is gonna be after you!

Well Eel, I know that you haven't lived there long enough to be a resident and Cow Walrus tags are for Native Residents only and are not transferable unless you are a close relative and your name is printed on the tag!

There should be someone coming by shortly to talk to you. :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-12 AT 08:29PM (MST)[p]>Joey, it was gifted to me
>by an eskimo for sleeping
>with his wife. What exactly
>are you trying to say?
>
>
>Feleno, come on up. The new
>carbon fiber bats are the
>ticket.
>
>Here's the Polar Bear I took
>this morning.
>
>
590imagesca0g516u.jpg

That is not a leg shot - that is the clear markings of a Sleepy Creek #6 DevilPin Hot Forged Coil Spring Turtle trap!!

So - not only is the tag illegal, looks like he baited him in (probably using some rancid Walrus fat because he didn't take care of the walrus properly - wanton destruction ticket waiting to happen!)and used an improper trap meant for a totally different animal! Poor polar bear must have suffered for hours before he finally died of shock!

Plus, the lack of snow and ice clearly demonstrate that this polar bear was taken well below the ice line and is obviously a transition bear - which is also illegal to take as those have been marked by the Federal Govt. as Global Warming propaganda tragedy deaths!

So many things wrong here, just blows my mind that Eel would post a pic of it bragging like this.

But then again, does it really??

HOOK 'EM!

Eel I didn't know you could still hunt Walrus! Good Job! You might try fishing for them! You might have to upgrade your Zebco 202!!

Rutnbuck

eelgrass that looks like a polar bear/grizzly cross, you need to be a resident to hunt them.

I know of a rancher who raises caribou and musk ox, he will gift you a landowner tag if you ask nicely.

If any one questions you just say, your uncle shot it and if the game wardens show up I am sure a simple handskake will clear it all up.

Romans 10:13
THE LORD IS MY ROCK
NRA LIFE MEMBER
marines.jpg

fox14.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom