AK Dall Hunt HELP

chewyman55

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-12 AT 08:56PM (MST)[p]This is a long shot but I've got to give it a try! My older brother is a long time Alaskan resident. I was born there but moved away at a young age. As you probably know, a resident first of kin can take the place of a guide for Dalls in AK. He and I have been putting in for sheep for years now, hoping to land the coveted tags and chase Dalls at a reasonable cost (spending $18 thousand or whatever the guided cost isn't an option). The odds haven't fallen in our favor yet and now my brother needs to leave the state in 5 years. We are facing the probability that we won't draw a tag before then and might be better off chasing sheep in the Dalton Highway area on the general tags. We're looking to backpack or fly into the rifle areas. We've been pouring over maps and intel, have a few leads, but still looking at options. Maybe someone out there used to hunt that stuff and moved away? Any info/intel would be appreciated! Old or new. Thanks and happy hunting!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom