airplane rental

treedagain

Long Time Member
who has rented a plane and pilot to fly view an area that they have drawn a tag to get a birds eye view.....what was your cost? and overall experiance....

Have a buddys uncle that has a plane and used him one year to fly over the Manti's. All I had to do was pay the cost of fuel. It was one hour down, two hours buzzing around and 45 minutes back and cost $250 in fuel. This was in '08. It was a fun experienceas is any time you can buzz around in a Cesna and seen some animals but overall a waste. The high elevation kept us from getting to close and using a pair of binoculars was pretty well useless because of the movement and vibration.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-11 AT 05:44PM (MST)[p]I used to work with two guys who had Pilots licenses and were always looking to get air time logged. We'd split the cost 3 ways for rental and fuel at the time it ran about $60.00 each.I did a lot of pre season scouting with them.It was a great way to learn the lay of the land. I would be in the back seat with my maps and they went wherever I told them too... Terry

Back when I had a pilots License it was around $85 per hour for a plane. If you are wanting to fly the south San Rafael for sheep pm me and I can give you a few names that fly out of Price.
Good luck

I know this doesn't answer your question But I had a Dirty Devil sheep tag last year and found tons of flight video on you-tube of the areas I wanted to hunt. Seems to be a pile of old airstrips in the utah deserts and lots of guys like to video there flights. For me it was a cheap way of getting an aerial veiw for my sheep hunt.

Google earth....cheaper and safer. I had a friend killed, years ago, on a return flight from sheep scouting.
just 2 cents,
Zeke

I have a buddy who is a pilot and we had him take us up for a cruise around our hunting grounds for a birds eye view.

Cost us fuel and was a total waste of time and money, other than for the actual experience of just being out flying.

Google Earth is much easier, cheaper and safer!

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom