Airbags?

runamuk

Very Active Member
Can anybody tell me if it's possible to have airbags installed
in a late 90's chevy truck??

Yes you can, Firestone makes a set, they are available at most auto part stores for about $350.00

I had the Firestone's put on my 84' GMC plumbing truck this year, about $500. installed, and i couldn't be happier. They have kits for all models.

When loading and unloading my pipe threading machine, very heavy, i let the air out of the bags because that allows the cart to then be the same height as the machine and it will slide right on. After the machine is off, i'll re-air up and my truck lifts up about 2 1/2-3" in the rear with 50 psi air. I had the air zirks for each side installed between the tail lights on my utility bed, out of the way yet very handy. i find my truck to look and handle better in all situations with the bags.

Joey

Be aware if you put them on, you won't have a truck without them after.

If you don't need them keep at least 5psi in them to keep them from rubbing holes in themselves.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Thanks fellas,, but i guess i should of been more clear.
I'm asking about the airbags that pop out if you have a wreck.
I was in a nasty wreck last week and am totaly amazed that i was able to limp away from it, with nothing more than a slightly game leg..
There is no doubt in my mind that airbags and a seat belt saved me and my ol hound from serious injury or death.
So now i just ain't never gonna drive a vehicle without em..
I have a spare truck that is a 96 that i would like to keep, and i drive it often, but if can't get airbags installed its gotta go..

you probably could but the cost will out weigh the cost of just upgrading to a vehicle that has them already installed.

for starters it will take a different steering wheel, then the electrical wiring though out the vehicle, and sensors. also if you opt for a passenger side that will in tell a different dash also.

Wow, Bop--
Flashback for me a few years ago to the last thing I saw before I had a head-on!

She saved my life.

Rump

A 96 should have atleast a driver airbag.

Not worth trying to put some in aftermarket. Sucks when they go off when your not in a wreck! A buddy and I were working on his truck. He was laying across the seat and had his arm across the steering wheel with pliars in his hand. He touched the wires with his screwdriver and it sparked and set the airbag off making him throw the pliars through the back window! Instantly dropped value in his truck because the airbag had been deployed. Kinda funny story now, but at the time it sucked!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Damn B-bop,, them bags look mighty spendy, not only that i would just be runnin round lookin to get in a wreck trying to get em to pop out.

Many Thanks fellas for trying to help out,anybody lookin for a 96 silverado?? only has 262'000 miles on it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom