Air suspension springs or bags?

ridgetops

Very Active Member
Is there any difference in quality between the Air Lift, Firestone or Torque brands?
Or is one brand more user friendly?

Proud member of the Wolfpack!

We sell the firestone bags the most of any of them, Just a word to the wise get the air compressor with the kit it beats the manual fill day in and out.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>We sell the firestone bags
>the most of any of
>them, Just a word to
>the wise get the air
>compressor with the kit it
>beats the manual fill day
>in and out.
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Yea, what he said. I have a Firestone bag an compressor with remote on ol' red. Gonna do the same for Whitey this spring.

Get a bigger truck or a smaller girl friend. Air bags should only be installed on the front.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I bought the Firestones.
Will get them installed next week. I can't wait to see what kind of difference they make.

>I bought the Firestones.
>Will get them installed next week.
>I can't wait to see
>what kind of difference they
>make.
>
>
>
>Proud member of the Wolfpack!

I think you will like them. Got a remote?

Towing?

I run the firestone bags and couldn't be happier with how the truck handles a load. Braking, steering and stability are night and day difference with the bags. I didn't install the compressor but it really hasn't been much of a bother. I went with the Firestone name as the prices were pretty comparable but I'm sure the other brands work just as well.

I use the Firestones as well. I think they where the only ones that said no drilling. They went in easy and work great. I just put both hoses out threw my license plate bolts. Don't usually keep to much air in them even with towing. Even from 5 to 15 pounds you can fell a difference.

I like this Post and have been reading it.

Last May 2016 I went to several Truck accessory shops. The one I liked the best suggested for my 2015 Ford F-150 was to install a rubber two inch FRONT Lift and Firestone Bags in the REAR with a remote. They said this would level the Truck (without a load) and the rear bags have a remote that would allow me to again, level the Truck when a Load is in the Bed (5'6" Bed).

After the Buffalo was loaded, the Truck squatted badly. I wished I had done the work.

I had looked for Over Cab Campers but failed to find any. I may still get a Shell but I know I do need the bags.

I don't know if the Front lift is needed...? Anyone get a similar sales pitch...?

My new toy hauler's tongue weight is just north of 1,000 lbs. I ended up putting Firestone air bags on my 2012 2500HD Sierra. I run the bags at 90psi when my trailer is hooked up and it levels everything out perfectly. Ride and handling is great!

>My new toy hauler's tongue weight
>is just north of 1,000
>lbs. I ended up putting
>Firestone air bags on my
>2012 2500HD Sierra. I run
>the bags at 90psi when
>my trailer is hooked up
>and it levels everything out
>perfectly. Ride and handling is
>great!

90 PSI in the Bags?

The Truck I Had them on never needed any more than 40-50 PSI with a Combined Load of 25,000 lbs!

My Signature is a Short Clip of NVB & His Coal Roller!
"We Better Get out of the F'N Way cuzz Ole NVB is Coming to MF'N Town"!

>And you wonder why that Alice
>pukes from time to time?:eek:
>

Perty Light Load DW Compared to what Locals Here Haul!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-17 AT 08:02PM (MST)[p]Bess, They max @ 100 psi. 90 psi puts it right at level with my trailer on. My back end drops probably 2 1/2" with my trailer on.

I got them to tow a 26' camp trailer and horse trailer a couple times a year and that all. So I did not get the remote or compressor. I already have a 5 gal. air tank I carry around in my tool box. So I can use that if I need to do any adjusting in the field. Saved me $500.00 by going that route.

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-17
>AT 08:02?PM (MST)

>
>Bess, They max @ 100 psi.
>90 psi puts it right
>at level with my trailer
>on. My back end drops
>probably 2 1/2" with my
>trailer on.

Hey legacy!

Not Arguing with You!

I Noticed if I Run Them any Higher than 50 PSI The Ride was Quite Stiff!

>>LAST EDITED ON Feb-23-17
>>AT 08:02?PM (MST)

>>
>>Bess, They max @ 100 psi.
>>90 psi puts it right
>>at level with my trailer
>>on. My back end drops
>>probably 2 1/2" with my
>>trailer on.
>
>Hey legacy!
>
>Not Arguing with You!
>
>I Noticed if I Run Them
>any Higher than 50 PSI
>The Ride was Quite Stiff!

You're good Bess!

I was worried about the ride at that pressure. It was more pressure than I anticipated. But I was actually quite surprised how well it rode. Now, if I ride around like that without my trailer on it's a whole different story! I was worried about a trip this last summer when I pulled my trailer up on top of 12 mile/Ferron Reservoir from the Ferron side. That's a long dirt road! But I had no problems whatsoever.

I have the firestone. After I got mine they leaked air. I put up with it for a year adding air every week. I talked to a guy that installed them for a living and he said he thought the hoses were cut wrong or pinched. I took them off and re cut them and have not had a leak in a couple years.
I run mine with the camper at 17 PSI. With the camper and trailer I run 20 PSI. I like them a lot.

Truck%20load%20bags%202_zpscvokxrjf.jpg

20160608_203313_zpsvkuphf1z.jpg

Elkhunt4_zps7e10a0b9.jpg

The best setup is a compressor with a small holding tank that has a QC hose hookup so you can air up your trailer tires or UTV tire etc. We have done alot like that for guys that do alot of offroading.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom