AI. Bison Hunt

rutnbuck

Long Time Member
Guess they will have the Island shut down in the morn for the Bison hunt! Anyone have a tag?? I am thinking there are 5-7 tags. I think 5 public and not sure if there is Conservation tags. Was out there today and a lot of the big bulls were next to the road. Should be a walk in the park. Since I don't know a thing about it. Couple things can a guy shoot from the road? Seen one on the road! Do they let ya pick? or do you have to look at the tag number in his ear?? Dan a guy drive on the service roads or ?? What are the rules? Anyone going 200 of em near the ranch 100 on the north end.

This guy was making a break for it he about plowed over the truck Not a old timer but a nice bull.
1665dsc03784.jpg

Rutnbuck

A friend of mine had a tag a few years ago.he told me you could shoot any bull.i don't think a ranger went with them.also their are a couple of guys that offer their services to clean and load it in your truck.but they charge alot to do it.

How much is alot to load one?

You ever tried loading a whole Buff?

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

I was thinking a guy could put a little grain in the back of the pisscutter rig and wa-la. They sure have a cool robe this time of year! Lets hear from the guys that hunted it!

Rutnbuck

LAST EDITED ON Dec-03-12 AT 08:31AM (MST)[p]Don't think you can shoot from the paved road, but you do have access to all service roads, and you are not told which to shoot.

Yelum

1779buff.jpg

One of the best trophies, animals to hunt in North America. I never believed that until I had a tag for the Henry Mountains.

Truly an amazing animal...

my friend told me they charge about 500.00.and no ranger went with them.but one follows behind you.ya them buffs are big big when you walk up to them.my friend had a bunch of guys with him to help clean an cut it up.he said it was a really fun hunt.

>my friend told me they charge
>about 500.00.and no ranger went
>with them.but one follows behind
>you.ya them buffs are big
>big when you walk up
>to them.my friend had a
>bunch of guys with him
>to help clean an cut
>it up.he said it was
>a really fun hunt.

$500???

Do you get the meat or is that just to shoot one then they sell the meat. Do you get to keep the head and hide?

as far as i was told it was 400 to 500 dollars for these guys just to gut and get it in your truck.i think most people that get this tag just make sure they bring alot of friends to help.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom