advise on sheep unit 46-1

D

droptines

could not believe when i opened a letter from the fish and game today...containing a california bighorn tag for unit 46-1! my wife thought something was wrong when i started yelling for joy!!! hope to take my dad and brother for a once in a lifetime hunt. any help would be great, sheep sightings, canyons to check out even a good area to camp. i have the entire hunt off and two weeks prior for scoutin. i will put in my time but im wondering what should be my expectations on ram size and quality? im still smile'n woohoo!!!

I have had my share of luck seeing sheep. I have never hunted them but I see them all the time when I am hunting chukar. I am sure I saw that big one that was shot last year. Only thing is I think I saw him about 4 years ago. Ron

My shorthair was on point as I cam up to the rim. And this is what I see. She got VERY good at finding sheep.
2250Gretta_sheep_1_5.jpg

Look at the width on this young ram.

2250Chuckar_Hunt-Jan_2004_04.JPG

You will want to be on the side behind my dog.

2250Chukar_1_5.jpg

SheepC5.jpg

SheepB5.jpg

SheepA5.jpg

By the way what made you decide to put in for the unit? Have you ever been there before? Ron

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom