Advice needed for real

NVBighorn

Long Time Member
I just saw on the TV that the reactor situation in Japan is worsening and is a very, very serious danger.

Does anyone here have any suggestions we could send the Japanese engineers and scientists on how to solve the problem?

No suggestions here but it is a very sad situation indeed.

I can't imagine the total devistation Mother Nature has unleashed.

>I know a lot of nuclear
>physicists post here so maybe
>we'll have an answer soon.
>

I am not sure about that...but we have LOTS of Armchair Biologists, Cops, Ethics Police, Wildlife Mangers, Political Experts.....SO I guess it would not surprise me to see a Nuclear Physicist here....

At this point their best option might be to attack Pearl Harbor, then let us rebuild them again.

JFP NVB!

Why the Stupid Question?

Anybody knows a couple of 'FLYOVERS' would make them PowerHouses look like a small problem!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

WELL I DID STAY AT A HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS WHILE DRIVING OUT TO KALI SO GIVE ME A DAY OR TWO, I MIGHT BE ABLE TO COME UP WITH A SOLUTION

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-11 AT 11:56AM (MST)[p] YES......ALL ACTIVE, INERT, & SPENT FUEL RODS (ALPHA) WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO CLASS FOUR RADIATION RECEPTORS. TRANSPORTATION OF SAID FUEL CELLS WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED USING NASA (THANKS USA) ROBOTIC EQUIPMENT & CLASS ONE CARGO UNITS. THIS ACTION WILL MITIGATE MOST ALPHA CONTAMINATION, & NEUTRALIZE BETA, GAMMA, & NEUTRON FALLOUT. IT WILL BE QUITE SOME TIME BEFORE SAFE WATER LEVELS ARE RESTORED/ & FOOD GROWTH CAN RESUME. THIS CLEAN UP ACTION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED IN PHASES.....PHASE 1 WILL BE CLOSE TO 160 MILLION U.S. DOLLARS. IT WILL TAKE 6 PHASES TO ACCOMPLISH SAID TASKS, STAGE 2 WILL BE TO "ENTOMB" THE EPA CENTER OF THE DAMAGED & SPENT FUEL RODS......WITH A LIMESTONE/CEMENT TYPE MATERIAL CALLED BAYSALT COMPOUND.

NO....I AM NOT A NUCLEAR PHYSICIST, BUT I DID SPEND LAST NIGHT IN A HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS.....AND I FEEL REALLY RESTED........YD.

Im not a culear phys dude but I play one on TV

VERY SAD DEAL FOR SURE, hope they need alot of beef and dairy products

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-11 AT 12:41PM (MST)[p]Don't have a lot of advise for the present but I'd recommend moving back from the coast a few miles before I built another one.

DC

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-11
>AT 11:56?AM (MST)

>
> YES......ALL ACTIVE, INERT,
>& SPENT FUEL RODS (ALPHA)
>WILL BE TRANSFERRED TO CLASS
>FOUR RADIATION RECEPTORS. TRANSPORTATION
>OF SAID FUEL CELLS WILL
>BE ACCOMPLISHED USING NASA (THANKS
>USA) ROBOTIC EQUIPMENT & CLASS
>ONE CARGO UNITS. THIS
>ACTION WILL MITIGATE MOST ALPHA
>CONTAMINATION, & NEUTRALIZE BETA, GAMMA,
>& NEUTRON FALLOUT. IT
>WILL BE QUITE SOME TIME
>BEFORE SAFE WATER LEVELS ARE
>RESTORED/ & FOOD GROWTH CAN
>RESUME. THIS CLEAN UP
>ACTION WILL BE ACCOMPLISHED IN
>PHASES.....PHASE 1 WILL BE CLOSE
>TO 160 MILLION U.S. DOLLARS.
> IT WILL TAKE 6
>PHASES TO ACCOMPLISH SAID TASKS,
>STAGE 2 WILL BE TO
> "ENTOMB" THE EPA CENTER
>OF THE DAMAGED & SPENT
>FUEL RODS......WITH A LIMESTONE/CEMENT TYPE
>MATERIAL CALLED BAYSALT COMPOUND.
>
> NO....I AM
>NOT A NUCLEAR PHYSICIST, BUT
>I DID SPEND LAST NIGHT
>IN A HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS.....AND
>I FEEL REALLY RESTED........YD.

And out comes the nuclear physicist!

LOL - Good answer RELH actually it is pretty well thought out. Just thought your expertise was busting bad guys!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Take the bad situation and make the most of it.

Build a max security prison on the site and make death row criminals clean up the mess.

Add a zoo with lots of animals and see what you can "breed up". Maybe some cool chit to hunt.....that you could use for food for the death row cleanup crews supplies.

Everybody wins.....bad guys lose and no maint costs.

You asked for ideas....

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

My suggestion to fix the problem would be to go on vacation in Rio. No fallout down there right?

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

440Sixpack wants to measure your boners!

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/622851u-xzfat3l__sl500_aa300_.jpg

What to do in case of a nuclear attack
1. Stay clear of all windows
2. Stand away from lamps, tables, chairs and other furniture
3. Loosen all restrictive clothing
4. Remove glasses, empty pockets of all sharp objects such as pens, pencils, etc
5. Immediately upon seeing the brilliant flash of nuclear explosion, bend over and place your head firmly between your legs
6. Then kiss your a$$ goodbye

too much tequila for you roy......RELH hasn't commented but I do see that YUKONDALL did.....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Thank you Jef. Roy needs new reading glasses. Now I am getting blamed for things I have not done. Must be those Texas winters screwing with Roy's eyesight, he better get back to Utard land and have his sister teach him about reading comprehension.

THEY GIVE HIM A DOCTORATE DEGREE!!!!!!

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-11 AT 06:04PM (MST)[p]1) The robots didn't work because the transistors burned up from the high rad.

2)Volunteers were sent in but were buned out extremely fast-many had improper respiratory protection-sadly.

3) Special chemicals were sprayed to cut down drift.

4)It was the 80's and it cost 4 billion to cleanup the mess. But that still left a large exclusion- zone.

5) The short lived Iodine 131 and Cesium 137 which has a long half-life.

I want to go help with Japan clean-up as my kids are grown up and there will be big money.
Japan will be different and it will take time before plans are set.

I knew I could count on you guys. I honestly was expecting more of the "experts" to come out of the woodwork. I will pass all the suggestions along to the ministry of safety, Kazio Smashitumi. Keep the suggestions coming.

In all seriousness I wish them the best. I have a friend who is Japanese and even though her family is in the southern part of Japan at this point, I'm not sure anyone is safe over there.

Hope the Best for them!

But How Quick We forget Pearl Harbor!

>Thank you Jef. Roy needs new
>reading glasses. Now I am
>getting blamed for things I
>have not done. Must be
>those Texas winters screwing with
>Roy's eyesight, he better get
>back to Utard land and
>have his sister teach him
>about reading comprehension.
>
>THEY GIVE HIM A DOCTORATE DEGREE!!!!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH
>
>
OOPS!! Sorry I accused you of rational thought RELH! LOL - I guess that is why we say read twice and edit once!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-11 AT 09:14PM (MST)[p]We should never forget bad behavior but forgive the minute the bad behavior stops and good behavior starts. So far Japan has demonstrated their desire to behave very well. As long as they do, I'm all in to help, if they ever start behaving badly again, I'm for turning the nasty side of the CAT loose on them for another tune-up.

Hope they come out of this as decent as they went in. No desire to see anyone behaving responsibly take a chit kicking. IMO (of course).

DC

weren't their grandparents radiadiated to hell and back and still live? Maybe the evolved and are radiation resistent super humans?

There you go, questions answered and problem solved.

Conclusion..... if your not japanese get the heck out cuz your not radiation resistent.

Boy I'm gonna get fried over this one. lol

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-11 AT 06:42AM (MST)[p]>It seems the more they get
>nuked, the better their cameras
>get.
>
>Eel

LMAO!!!! We can always count on you buddy!!!

>It seems the more they get
>nuked, the better their cameras
>get.
>
>Eel

THAT IS "FIRST CABIN" FUNNY RIGHT THERE!.........the pantyhose crew ain't gonna like it though!

ROFL, I'm still waiting for the frying but at least I won't be alone.

I know they are different areas but I just don't have a lot of respect for that country. I lost family members in japan in WWII and my grandfather lost 2 cousins and a brother in the bataan death march. I have a hard time having much sympathy for japs. That death march kinda showed how those people are in the inside and what they did mentally to my grandfather is inexcusable.

Stinky....

Kinda have to be careful about holding grudges over wartime stuff.

You might be opening a door for some Native Americans that could let out some REALLY ugly history! We ain't always been nice either!

The Japanese military/government of the 1940's had NOTHING on the American military/government of the 1880"s....except better cameras..LOL!

A man once said, "The history of wars is written by the winners".

Stinky, I had an uncle that was literally shot to pieces on Okinawa. He was in a tank division and the only survivor from his tank. He was cut down by Japanese machine gun fire and was saved when another tank literally drove over him and pulled him up through the hatch in the bottom. He was patched together, minus one leg, and lived another almost 30 years. I understand the animosity but Nickman is right, war is a different time. Those were different circumstances. Those men were following orders.

Now, YOU are exactly the kind of expert I was hoping to draw out here to give us some genious thought on how to stop the nuclear reactors from melting down. Got any ideas?

smiley-eatin-popcorn.gif

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I'm not up to date on the situation but I know if they don't have the graphite rods droped to the right depth in the fuel rods then the reactor will over heat. build some big ass berms quickly around the plant. Dig a channel to the ocean. Flood the place with sea water. Then put a 2000lb laser guided jdam in each of the reactors. the water will help absorb a lot of crap and the situation will be over.

maybe?????

+1 stinky. There is all this cold ocean water right there. PUMP IT IN THERE. As far as the leaking radiation....I have no clue.

For the record, I have no animosity toward Japan or the Japanese people. What happened in the past is over. They paid for their sins big time (Boy, did they). The people living in Japan today had nothing to do with WWII. Japan has been a great ally since then. They even built the Honda 90 and Honda 110.:) My heart goes out to them.

My weak attempt at morbid humor is just that. I can't wait to get my new 85 megapixal camera with 150X optical zoom!

Eel

So stinkbug?

Polute the Water & Not the Air?

well i will agree that i dont really hold a grudge against them. heres how we solve the problemo. we load a b2 bombr with several nukes and jdam bombs. he takes off from alabama. on his way to japan to drop conventional bombs on the sea water flooded reactor he detours through mecca. said b2 nukes mecca back to the stone age and then takes care of japan. said contaminated seawater is walled in as said channel is closed off and the whole thing is encapsulated in concrete for 100 years. Now that mecca is gone muslims can no longer ascend to nirvana hence jihad is over and the middle east is now ripe for invasion. the iran reactor can be pummeled and all muslims can be wiped from the face of the earth. Then obama can be hung, the naacp is rounded up and linched, democrats are banned. b52's pound wyoming montana and idaho incessantly until no more land is left for wolves, green peace and all such organizations are outlawed, bob barkers anti whaling fleet is hunted down by a nuclear sub, all lawyers are poisioned with stricnine, the border fence is reinforced with a batallion of abrahmas tanks with shoot to kill orders. All illegal aliens are rounded up and castrated and hands cut off and deported to antarctica. drilling in anwr and florida and california as well as the gulf are opened up and all is well........ Oh, and send nancy pelosi to the california state pen to be enjoyed by all for a year.

"They even built the Honda 90 and Honda 110. My heart goes out to them." - Eel

LMAO

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>well i will agree that i
>dont really hold a grudge
>against them. heres how we
>solve the problemo. we load
>a b2 bombr with several
>nukes and jdam bombs. he
>takes off from alabama. on
>his way to japan to
>drop conventional bombs on the
>sea water flooded reactor he
>detours through mecca. said b2
>nukes mecca back to the
>stone age and then takes
>care of japan. said contaminated
>seawater is walled in as
>said channel is closed off
>and the whole thing is
>encapsulated in concrete for 100
>years. Now that mecca is
>gone muslims can no longer
>ascend to nirvana hence jihad
>is over and the middle
>east is now ripe for
>invasion. the iran reactor can
>be pummeled and all muslims
>can be wiped from the
>face of the earth. Then
>obama can be hung, the
>naacp is rounded up and
>linched, democrats are banned. b52's
>pound wyoming montana and idaho
>incessantly until no more land
>is left for wolves, green
>peace and all such organizations
>are outlawed, bob barkers anti
>whaling fleet is hunted down
>by a nuclear sub, all
>lawyers are poisioned with stricnine,
>the border fence is reinforced
>with a batallion of abrahmas
>tanks with shoot to kill
>orders. All illegal aliens are
>rounded up and castrated and
>hands cut off and deported
>to antarctica. drilling in anwr
>and florida and california as
>well as the gulf are
>opened up and all is
>well........ Oh, and send nancy
>pelosi to the california state
>pen to be enjoyed by
>all for a year.

He said ideas to fix the reactor not ideas to fix the world. DUH.

I think they should just let it melt through the earth all the way to the opposite side. By my calculations it will emerge at Washington D.C. Seems like a win win to me.

Thanks stinky, that idea of building a trench to to the ocean and running the water uphill was brilliant. Does QTip have any ideas?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom