Adventure Outfitters Hunt-Pod, reviews? Fluid Head?

flyingbrass

Adventure Outfitters Hunt-Pod, reviews? Fluid Head?
I saw this tripod revied in Eastmans but want to gather more info on it. It seems that that company is also a paid advertiser in the magazine so I want to get more info on it before I buy it.
I really just need a good general tripod for a 60-65mm spotting scope used for both the gun range and hunting. I drew an Oryx tag as well as a general elk tag in Wyoming so I' going to get a better setup than my old Winchester spotter(which by the way turned out to be better than the Leupold that I returned).
I also like the Outdoorsman but just can't see spending that much on a tripod.
Also, which head? I was thinking of the fluid head since you could really cover lots of property and not be all herky-jerky.
Also, Would this tripod work for my Canon XH-A1 if I were walking a long distance? I got a big Manfrotto 755XB with the Bogen 501HDV head which is great but not for a spotting scope.

flyingbrass
cold dead hands

I have the Hunt-Pod and love it! It has the fluid head. This tri pod is very light weight and strong. The fluid head is great for scanning. Adventure Outfitters is a top notch company, Jeff really knows his stuff. Good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom