activists.....

79560img6528.jpg

My wife was approached to have her farm house listed on the Historic register several years ago. She told them it would not happen as long as she owned the home that was built in 1884 as a farmhouse on the Sacramento River.

She was aware that once it is listed on the National Historic Register, they control anything you might want to do in the way of improvements. They can even tell you what color of paint is allowed.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-19 AT 10:31PM (MST)[p]If I were him....I'd burn it down....and not make an insurance claim....surely he could make it look like an accident

That would save the developer the demolition cost... he might get more

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Lets just have an Activist Group for every F'N Thing!

JFP!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-19 AT 07:05AM (MST)[p]That's depressing.....not the problem he's having, but the fact that a building built in 1967 is of historical interest. Gawd, I'm getting old. :)

That's one butt ugly building and the city should be thrilled to be gone with it especially since it doesn't conform to their new general plan.

Too bad he's not rich, he could close it down and turn it into a drug and homeless hangout. Denver wants to be just like California anyway.

The "activists" should pay the man 5 million if it's that important to them, or mind their own darn business.

hwy

The fire or homeless shelter are the best ideas.

I was living in Flagstaff, AZ about 20 years ago and a developer was planning on building a motel. The city required that he keep a certain amount of existing trees on site. I guess that wouldn't work out for him, so one night someone went on to the property and cut just about every tree 1/2-3/4 through with a saw. The city made him take them down because they were now unsafe. I'm not sure if they caught the person that did it, but I'm sure everyone is over it by now.

Homer hit the nail on the head. GREAT IDEA.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-19 AT 12:36PM (MST)[p]If you burn it down, you better make sure that they will not be able to show you torched it or you will be charged with arson a felony crime.

Insurance companies got laws passed years ago if you burn your own personal property that has insurance on it, you committed arson even if you do not file a insurance claim.

RELH

Homer did say don't file an insurance claim. It's worth more burned down.

Winter in Denver.....leave a backdoor unlocked with a pile of kindling inside. I guarantee the homeless will find it and build a warming fire inside. Problem solved. It happens all the time here.

Create a gas leak, close it up tight one night and walk away. Houses blow up here regularly. Sometimes it's a gas leak, sometimes it's a meth lab, sometimes they're cookin hash oil. They're all complete losses.

"Not sure I grasp BHA motivation".
Hossblur 7/25/19

#livelikezac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom