Accubond or E tip

muzz

Long Time Member
280 remington, Do i stick with the accubond or try the e tip? Had the accubonds but nosler has changed the ogive shape. Now i need to load up test loads and redo everything. Pisses me off!!!

Changed the shape? Haven't noticed. Accubonds a good bullet. Just don't shoot the Nosler brass.;-)

Just read your post about the "brass problem". Glad this solved the issue. Just curious how you figured this out because you said you checked the OAL several times and it was the same as your last specs. I shoot accubonds and haven't noticed a difference. Can't find anything about them changing there design either?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-10 AT 08:42PM (MST)[p]
OAL is nothing to do with the shape of the bullet. I can send you the two so you can see for yourself. Ther the same weight but different shape. Te ones that feed and work well are more streamlined. The others i bought are not as stream lined.

Unless you plan on strictly hunting elk I would go with the accubond regardless of any oqive issues. Some here have had some good experiences with the e-tip but from what I have seen they just dont expand enough in deer sized game. Good luck.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

Not trying to stir the pot, but I think the ogive has alot to do with the OAL. It should affect the seating depth because the curvature of the bullet affects at what point the bullet touches the riflings.I'm still learning too.

Ogive does have a lot to do with bullet seating for distance from the lands that help on accuracy.
sounds like Nosler went from a 2 radius ogive to a 1 radius ogive when they changed the bullet shape. I have encounter this problem with loading 45ACP match ammo. You have to seat a 1 radius bullet deeper into the case then you do a 2 radius bullet to prevent it from jamming into the lands of a tight match barrel. The bullets will be identical in weight and shape except for the ogive.

RELH

While we are on the nosler subject I have a quick question. Accubond or partition? I will be shooting 180s for deer and elk.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

justr_86, I can't get the partitions to fly. I wish I could, but I'm ready to give up on them. They are the 150 gr. in .284. I've tried them in my 7 mag and 7mm-08. The mag tends to like 160 gr bullets so I shoot the accubond. I've got no doubt it's a good bullet, but the ab shoots better (in my gun) and has a higher bc.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-10 AT 03:01PM (MST)[p] nosler mailed me back and said the die they make the bullets in does change. He said there hand made and depending on the lot number it does vary. He agreed with me that my bullet will look wider at the taper then the originals i had that were feeding right. That comes from dies that are or have made alot more bullets.

I'd go with the one that gives the tightest and most consistent groups. To do that, it usually takes a lot of load combinations and time at the range. I messed around with Interbonds and Accubonds before finally finding the right load combo with Accubonds. Only took about 45 - 50 different tries and several days out at the range. If yer not serious about accuracy, quality of bullet is lost imo...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom