? about Wyoming Archery Antelope

D

Dirtysteve

I have 4 points for Antelope in Wy. My son just turned 13 and loves Archery hunting but he has never killed anything with his bow. I thought an archery Antelope hunt would be an awesome first hunt for him.
My question is, are there any quality areas on the western half of WY. that we could draw with those points and that has plenty of public land?
Thanks

With top antelope points you could draw several good units in Western Wyoming. I would check out Eastman's MRS or Huntin Fool's picks if you have them, but if you don't just check out the Wyoming website for odds. Generally the lower the odds of drawing, the better the antelope. But almost all of the western units hold good antelope and for an archery hunt, most any buck antelope is good for a first one in my book. Good luck to your son!

dirtysteve;
I've had a chance to archery hunt for antelope in Montana a few times and in Nevada a couple times. I've stalked, decoyed, called and hunted water holes. It's a blast!!!!

The water hole option would be my vote. You would be able to sit, talk and enjoy the company of your offspring. Once you have the hole scouted and the blind popped up the work is over. A bow hunt for pronghorn would be a perfect first hunt for your son. Lots of animals to look at!

The unit is probably less important (not unimportant) than the scouting and water hole selection. I've seen HIGH Pope & Young pronghorn in several western units. With your points getting a good tag should be pretty easy.

I'm excited for you! My little group will have the same decision to make in the near future as we sit on max points also.
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom