? about honeymoon hunt

N

nontypical250

I have a buddy who wants to take his soon to be bride on an antelope honeymoon hunt in August. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on places that might offer like a bed and breakfast setup with access to hunt. College students so they have a tight budget. Not really a fully guided hunt setup, just something fun. Any help?

Finding the lone tree in Antelope country could be tough----but we don't want your buddy getting a sunburned butt......

Robb

I have a bad feeling about this one . . . I hope she isn't agreeing to the hunt just to make the guy happy, then telling him a year later she wanted a real honeymoon! My wife likes to hunt, but if I'd have taken her on an antelope hunt honeymoon . . . BTW, I don't know where to send them! You could probably find a ranch hunt for a couple grand . . . And I agree, do include the camo lingerie.

I am agreeing with the camo lingerie. The problem is, she is a better shot than he is with the bows. She would show him up. Anyone know of anywhere that there will be leftover tags after the drawing that they could pay a trespass fee. I know that Wyoming isn't the grandest of girl's dreams for honeymoons. Sagebrush and wind---how romantic.

They could try for a leftover tag in unit 7 and base their hunt out of a motel in Newcastle. It's a decent size town a few miles east of the unit and the unit itself has 21,000 acres of walkin land open to hunting, as well as Grassland and BLM lands. That is if they make it out of the motel! They could also do it in a tent camp. Oops, did I say that, LOL!!!

My wife loved our honeymoon bow hunt. She even wrote honeymoon on her face with camo paint. LOL Truth be told us men need to up front about our passions.

I went on an antelope hunt with my first wife for our honeymoon. The season opened on Saturday, which was the wedding, so we didn't get to actually hunt until Sunday, but it was a fun time. I think my ex-wife enjoyed it also, but she didn't have a license. She wasn't much help on packing the animal out. That was about 35 years ago in Northern California. We tent camped. I made an incredible shot on a small buck. I've been married to my second wife for 20 years and she's only been antelope hunting with me once in Wyoming, before the marrage. We stayed in the Motel 6 on that trip. She didn't help pack out either, but she did go get the truck. I keep a picture of her on that hunt on my desk at work. She sure was hot back then, no wonder I married her (and its worked out well).
-- Bob

Thanks Topgun for the info. That might workout for them. I'll pass on the info. It'll sure be funny to see what he comes up with. Hahaha pitching a tent isn't always a bad thing, sorry I couldn't resist.

You got a good woman Deerlove, did you paint dishwasher on your forehead in return when you got back home?

I think antelope hunts are perfect to take younger hunters or ladies on for a first time. Lots of animals, plenty to look at hopefully. Not -negative degrees and waking up at 3 A.M. to hike straight up a mountain.

If they can get a tag near Casper PM me and I will rent them a room at our motel for $25 a night to help save them some money.
Joe

>If they can get a tag
>near Casper PM me and
>I will rent them a
>room at our motel for
>$25 a night to help
>save them some money.
>Joe

i know casper has a lot of left over tags to, mostly doe/fawn

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom