? About Alaskan Moose Hunts

R

Rathole1

LAST EDITED ON May-19-10 AT 04:08PM (MST)[p]Just looking for some info or recomendations on outfitters anyone may have used or heard of for Moose hunts in Alaska or Canada. Any info would be appreciated.

I DONT THINK YOU NEED A GUIDE TO KILL A BIG MOOSE IN ALASKA, I WENT OUT OF MCGRATH ON MY OWN AND KILLED A 71 INCHER......HAD A BLAST........GUIDES ARE EXPENSIVE...................YD.

Larry Bartlett is a good outfitter up here, lots of guys use him.
WVBOWAK

The most important question to ask who ever you go with is if they have their own planes. You are taking a big gamble going with some outfitter that just hires someone to drop you off. The game is far and few between up there so it really helps if you are with someone that is in the air all the time.
Here is two that I have used they have great guides on the ground and are great pilots
Clint Meyer (Alaskan Big Game) (907)242-4207
Bob Adams [email protected]

Just got back from a bear hunt with Clint spent the whole time in a tent (bad weather) No bear this time but here is one I shot with him a couple of years ago. You can pm me I will give you a reference.

50400000025.jpg

Looks like a great bear NEV. Rob's a good buddy of mine, hope he did you well.
Clint's outfit is a good one, if a little spendy. If you go the DIY route, look into Larry Bartlett or Papa Bear Adventures.

Rob guided me to my 10 footer on Kodiak.
He is a great guy, we shared a superb trip together back when he worked for Brian Peterson.
Looking forward to seeing him next year.

Here he is with my bear.

harryhunter50103-6.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-20-10 AT 02:01PM (MST)[p]My brother and I have hunted with High Adventure Air on several occasions. I have also hunted with a couple of other flying services but these guys are great to work with. We hunted moose and caribou drop camp two locations. One location for moose then flew to a second location for caribou. I shot a 65 in moose that made B&C and my brother shot a very nice 63 inch bull. I know they also offer guided if wanted. Just remember it is a lot of work once a bull is down and perhaps the guide is a better way. I am a little older now and I think I would either need to take along someone younger to help pack since I have back issues or hire a guide. Greg and Mark Bell are great guys and they grew up in the air service helping their father for many years. Very good to work with, honest and very helpful. I know many guys from Utah that have used their services in the past and without question all very very satisfied. Good luck on the moose hunt. I know it was one of my funnest, hardest (packing), most rewarding hunts to date.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom