AARP

kawboy

Very Active Member
I am feeling very old today, I got home from work and got the mail. On the bottom of the pile was an envelope from the AARP,
They were asking me to join.
I am not even 30 yet!
time flies when your having fun

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

If your feeling old I'm feeling ancient!!! My girlfriend turns 50 next month and she just got her first AARP mailing. I told her it was coming!! kawboy, you got a ways to go yet...Take care old feller.

LMAO!!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

AARP WILL PESTER YOU TO DEATH......I UNDERSTAND THEY ARE ON THE LIST AS ANTI GUN/ HUNTING.......BUT WANT YOUR $$$$$...............YD.

If they are ANTI HUNTING, I will burn my letter. or maybe put dog terds in the envelope and mail it back.

Better yet, if it's a postage paid envelope...wrap up a brick with postal paper and tape the envelope to that. They get to pay the postage anyway. I've been eligible a few years and knew there was a good reason I didn't join. They backed obamacare and presto! They have a medicare gap plan just for you!!! No thanks.

I had heard that their Auto Ins rates were good so i called and got a quote. They were $150. more every 6/months than what i'm now paying. Forget that, i now trash all their mail without opening it.

Joey

I am liking the Brick Idea

I am older then 50, by a bit and I have always thrown their mailings in the trash. Their board is very very liberal and anti gun and supported Obama care so they could sell more insurance.

Most of my senior friends have dropped membership in AARP due to them going left in their contributions to various liberal organzations.

Another organization that I will not contribute too is United Way due to some of their east coast chapters donating money to "Hangun Inc" that was run by old anti gunner Sara Bradey.

RELH

AARP WILL PESTER YOU TO DEATH......I UNDERSTAND THEY ARE ON THE LIST AS ANTI GUN/ HUNTING.......BUT WANT YOUR $$$$$...............YD.

That is true and so is RELH on what he stated too. I tossed mine 20 years ago when I received it in the mail...and I think their Insurance is HARTFORD...which sucks big time.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

That is very interesting about the united way, I have donated a couple times to them through work. I will have to stop donating there too.

Well, I will admit that I am a member. I pay the dues and flash the card to get the occasional discounts.

I don't approve of their anti gun stand at all, or any of their politics, but unlike others on here, I save a TON of money on my car ins through Hartford. I have 4 vehicles insured with them and have had for years, with what I consider excellent service.

I am also an NRA life member, so I figure it is a wash.

If you care to check it, not doing business with ANY anti gun supporting company, in the modern world, could result in the coroner finding you frozen, naked, and starved to death.

The people who design, program and support these computers and systems, are as ANTI everything as it gets,.....yet here we all are.

See where your cell phone company is on the list.

There are so few companies actually even on the fence, that we have come to depend on, that it is ludicrous to even discuss not doing business with them.

Just have to pick your own battles I guess.

"whackin' a surly bartender ain't much of a crime"

Nick...thats right I will pick my battles and I choose not to join the AARP. Sure I may save a couple bucks on the AARP promotions, but it is a matter of principal. I also used to drive a GM product and got rid of that!!!

from the "heartland of Wyoming"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom