Aaron Rodgers or Matt Flynn?

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
There's no an controversy in green bay but by the numbers Flynn puts up in the few opportunities he gets, makes me wonder. Is he really that good? Is the system and talent around him that good? I think it's the system and the talent around him. He will get a big contract next year from another team, only to be a bust or another Matt Cassel.

Traditional >>>------->

Doesn't say much for either defense. He however looks to be a good backup who has benefited from being on a talented team.

Eldorado

It is very difficult to game plan for a guy when you don't have a few games in the system to look at, I have heard it said by quality coaching staffs it takes 5 or 6 minimum, that is what I think accounts for success in situations like this and Kevin Kolb in Phili and the Broncos in 09 and this year, 09 was a new system with a new coach and players with no background film so they go 6-0 and then down the pipe, then this year well you've seen it.

Of course there has to be talent there too and Flynn as well as my other examples have at least some IMO.

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

Rodgers is overrated. It was proven when Flynn put up rediculous numbers sunday. Both are a product of good coaches and good drafting. He was ok at LSU, but to put up those numbers with less than a week to practice.. give credit to the coaches and supporting cast.

Overrated? Seriously? 4643yds,45tds to 6ints,68% completion rate and a 122.5 qb rating in 15 games. Not to mention they won 19 in a row and the Super Bowl last year. The NFL is a QB driven league and he is without a doubt one of the top 3. If that is overrated I would like to watch the guy who isn't.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom