A Zone Rut?

C

CHWine

What are you seeing out there? I had one buddy watching two medium sized bucks pushing each other around. Tonight another fella had a good mature buck hanging with a doe.

How about it?

Venison and Zinfandel are GOOD!

Not much in Yolo Co.
Last year at this time, yes.
Most bucks still nocturnal on the camera.

The snakes are out in force...
2 last weekend,
2 on tues evening. One had, I mean Had 10 rattles.
Still looking for a shooter buck.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-11 AT 03:40PM (MST)[p]

It's that time of year in Northern Napa County.
Raining acorns and the younger bucks are chasing.
Not everywhere, but a few does are getting pestered.
I watched 5 bucks this morning, two dinks, two decent forks and a super tall 20" forked horn that keeps testing my willpower.
The big guy was by himself, but seemed to be on the prowl.
I shot an 18" 4x4 yesterday that was sniffing the ground like a German Shorthair Pointer.
Get ready, it's about ready to pop boys.

:)

Good luck out there Guys! I well know the excitement and superb hunting this time of the season can bring.

HH, i know you got pic's of your buck? You always got pic's! :) Post em up and we'll have a look see?? Thanks.

Joey

I would think the rut would start with the first frost. If your lucky and have a B tag its usually at the end of B zone season.

quest

I was out this weekend and could tell the rut is just around the corner. Some bucks already hanging close to the does and some bucks sparing aggressively in Marin and Sonoma Counties.

Several bucks were chasing does Sat. and Sun. in Santa Clara County during the Canada De Los Osos Jr buck hunt. Its starting up there.

Don P.

The heat this week may untrack the action we had during the cool week end. Bucks are definitly watching the doe areas.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-19-11 AT 07:07PM (MST)[p]10/4 on that.
Saw 3 dinks this morning and fewer deer overall.
It got hot early today.
Damn Indian Summer anyway.

Forcast talked of cooler temps for the weekend.

Pray for snow.

We had small bucks pushing does hard for the last two weeks of the season on our property. I mean small. Had a report that one of the larger bucks came out of his hiddey hole Wednesday to hang with a doe. Big bucks do know when the season is over. oh well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom