A young Marine coud use our help.

feddoc

Long Time Member
A young Marine could use your help.

Keep in mind that USN medicine found this cancer while in boot camp, then let him....asked him... to serve 1 year in Iraq and two years in Afghanistan. Also keep in mind that while it is known that there are agencies within DoD who can help, his need is rather immediate. If you can't help financially, a few prayers sent his way would be good too.

If you can drop off a check, that would be cool. PM me for details on his name and where to send any donations.

What follows is from a good friend of mine.

OK, it is "Mission from God" time for my Marine. My Marine is a E-4 Active Duty Marine who is currently on medical leave, and still receives full pay, which is #####, of course. He has served our country for 1 year in Iraq, and 2 years in Afghanistan. He has a very rare brain cancer (3rd reported case), and is getting treatment at MD Anderson. He has recovered from his first craniotomy, but his prognosis is bad. As in terminal. I have mentioned him here before, if you recall. I am doing everything in my power to help this fine young man, but even that is not enough. I have called many of you, to ask for your help with his dilemma. There is a Paul Harvey "rest of the story" part that I will not share online; it will make you just drop your head and curse, and then cry. The word "travesty" does even begin to describe it. The only good part of this story is The Corps is not going to give him a Medical Discharge; they are going to let God take him as an active duty Marine, with Enhanced Honor burial, etc. I talk to this Marine regularly, and he is doing as well as can be expected, which is to say, not well at all. It is a lot to digest for a man who is half my age. He married his Sweetheart (also my patient) 1.5 years ago. He wants to adopt her daughter from her prior marriage, since my Marine and his wife are raising the daughter. He knows what is to come, and he knows that his adoptive daughter will benefit from the adoption; he remains mindful of his responsibilities to his family even when facing death. His wife works full-time in another doctor's office, but finances are tough. My Marine is getting $600 a month taken out of his paycheck every month for his car that he bought while in the sandbox; it is in Japan, and he is trying to get it home to Texas. The family is getting by with one car for now, but between the wife working, and the chemotherapy, etc., they could really use that car in Japan. My Marine has asked me if there is any odd jobs I might hear about to make a little extra cash; he has balance issues, and I adore his fighting spirit, but honestly, he really doesn't have the time to do odd jobs.

This is a plea for money (adoption fees and the car in Japan), a donation of a good running car, prayers, or just anything you think will help. I cry every night when I say my prayers for this young man. I have for a month now. Brothers, I beg you to help this man. He is one of the finest men I have ever met; I never had a son, but if I did, I would be the proudest father ever to call him family. If you can help financially with a check, please text me on my phone, and I will give you his name. DO NOT make me the Payee. I want this man to see how much YOU care. He already knows I do. Finally, to HL Jack and the 4 Jarheads that have helped me from the start, thank you for talking to him this afternoon here in my office on the phone. You said to call, so I took you at your word. I just put the two of you together. The gratitude I saw in my Marine's face for your kind words after concluding your conversation was genuine; I wish I had taken a picture...oh wait, I did! (picture used with the Marine and his wife's express permission)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom