A week of camping

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
ATV riding, hiking and fishing. I am starting to think at 60 I'm not as healthy as some. We had a good time but even at 8000' and more it was so hot it got to me. Swam in cold lakes twice and that helped.
5248820190804120620.jpg

1003620190804125233.jpg

4997220190803161939.jpg

Hey Bess, the stroker ran really well. We had a 26' bumper pull, 2 ATVs , 75 gallons of water and 30 gallons fuel plus generator etc. It got about 9 or 10 mpg but had plenty of power.

Yer still gettin it done madness, weve all lost a step or two!

"Not sure I grasp BHA motivation".
Hossblur 7/25/19

#livelikezac

Sort of DW, but I wonder how I will do on a Bull Elk hunting November this year. Every year age takes a bite out of us. I'm just not looking forward to the future in that respect. I think I will retire at 63 rather than try to get the magical 401 K number.

Agree with tylercreek2. Beautiful fish. Thank You for sharing. Our time is all limited and good to see you out enjoying regardless of age.

Nice Job there DM!

Ya Gotta Quit Contaminating the Water Though!:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

>Sort of DW, but I wonder
>how I will do on
>a Bull Elk hunting November
>this year. Every year age
>takes a bite out of
>us. I'm just not looking
>forward to the future in
>that respect. I think I
>will retire at 63 rather
>than try to get the
>magical 401 K number.

I'm in the same boat. I have a deer & elk hunt in October, followed up on a deer hunt in November. My body has been going South on me for the last 3-4 years. At 63, my limitations increase each year.
After 2 back surgeries, 1 neck surgery, 2 hand surgeries on both hands, and a 3rd back surgery is on the table after my second hunt. I think my days are numbered for high country hunts. Hell, flat land hunts are becoming more difficult! Difficult part will be cashing in all of my remaining Deer, Elk, Antelope,
and moose points I have been accumulating over the years.

Yes I see a bunch of road hunters in the future for a bunch of us older gentleman.
We wouldn't stop hunting we will just do it a different way.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Hey DM?

Did You Find out the Exact Breed of the Trout?

I Know Last Year You said you thought they were Goldens!

But they look more Like CutBows?

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Pretty country. I was kayak fishing today and time got away from me. I had to buck the tide back to the launch site. about a mile. That tide is relentless and if you stop paddling you lose ground. Time and the tide waits for no man. At 70 I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to buck the tide.

Glad you got some fishin' done.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

Looks like a great trip.
It's a shame it seems the older we get we have more money more time more points for the hunts but the old body just doesn't respond like it used to.

Nice looking fish, and yes getting old sux.

Your granddaughter has that "look", they usually grow out of it, fortunately.

Hips or knees or back. They all get sore and tired but you have to keep at it. I do 2 workouts a day when I have energy. One for weights and one cardio.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom