A wee bit of snow

BeanMan

Long Time Member
My Parents home in Steamboat Springs today 52" on the ground.

Anglerssbs20110208aj_jpeg.jpg

Just Keep it!

We got 26" in one storm during December!

But We ain't got near as much on the ground as your Parents!

I'll bet you're colder though. You can keep that. This last storm left a bunch more, I hope the wintering herds around Maybell make it OK.

Pretty Pic Beanman!! That looks exactly like most years around here where i live.

Not this year though. We been Sunny! Cold in the mornings and warms up to 40-50, almost spring like weather and very little snow on the ground.

Joey

This one is from about ten years ago after shoveling for a couple of hours. It's a bit overexposed and the view is 180 from the first pic.

Steamboat2006003.jpg

Bean man did you grow up in steamboat? You probably drove past the ranch I grew up on on your way up their! I don't miss moving al that snow to feed cows

Here that! Treed

Another forum I visit regularly has a "Thanks" button on each post that you can click on to thank the poster for a good or helpful post. If MM had one I'd be hitting the "Thanks" button for the sweet pics. Thanks Beanman. Makes me wanna Braap, braap.

From a SD boy that has seen alot of snow and lived in Craig for awhile, You win the most snow award. wow that a bunch. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

CoCat,

I grew up in Fort Collins, my Parents bought two acres in Steamboat in 1966 from Chuck Lodwick and built a wooden A-Frame on it. Now it's kind of funny because the old wooden house is surrounded by mansions with folks who don't like the old wooden house in the neighborhood. We were up there most weekends in the ski season and spent most of the summers there as a kid. My Dad was a snow avalanche researcher with he USFS and started what has become the Colorado Avalanche Warning Information Center. He commuted from Fort Collins in the summers. So no, I didn't live in Steamboat but I grew up with it. When my Parents retired 17 years ago they moved up there "for the summer" but stayed.

Alp, have you had the pleasure of sledding Buffalo Pass? It's the snowiest spot in Colorado.

I haven't had the pleasure of sledding anywhere in Colorado. I would love to get out there and do so sometime. However winter is peak season for me(atv and snowmobile rentals) and I barely have time to ride here without figuring in travel time.

I did get a ride in on yesterday in some new snow.

2392-10-11_029.jpg

51332-10-11_038.jpg

55152-10-11_039.jpg

Maybell...as I recall, Maybell holds the record for the coldest recorded temp ever in Colorado. -61 in 1985. I was a few miles from there and we were at -48.

>I'll bet you're colder though.
>You can keep that.
>This last storm left a
>bunch more, I hope the
>wintering herds around Maybell make
>it OK.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom