A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE II !!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Here We go!

Seems just like a Short few Years ago I'd Buy My Friend a Box of Winchester 30-06 POWER POINTS every Christmas!

I know it's been longer than it seems,but not too long ago I bought them Bullets for 10.96!!!(Per 20!)

JFP!!!

06 Bullets are 30.00+ Now!

Who's Payin it?

Not Me,Cuzz I don't own one,just sayin..............!

Somebody gonna Call me on it?

Maybe Start an Internet SlugFest?:D

Post Em up Boys!

Haven't had My Ass Chewed all Day & it just don't Feel Right!:D

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

LAST EDITED ON Mar-31-13 AT 07:31PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-31-13 AT 07:31?PM (MST)

Bessy:

Not me! I am glad I stock piled on the the rifle ammo. However, I sure wish I would have bought a few more bricks of .22 ammo (and not that Blase crap)????

Bess, your '06 price don't seem outa line with what i remember paying. We got shotgun shells awful cheap too, $2.99 for them shitty low base 8's, maybe $1.99 seems like too on sale but i won't bet the farm on it.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

OK, Ill play this game. I pulled out a box of remington 270Win, 150 grain core lokt soft point 20 per box for $9.99. I still have the price tag sticker on them. In the box. Any body want to bet.

>OK, Ill play this game.
>I pulled out a box
>of remington 270Win, 150 grain
>core lokt soft point 20
>per box for $9.99.
>I still have the price
>tag sticker on them. In
>the box. Any body
>want to bet.

You got Screwed!:D

Ain't never been a Box of Core-Lokts worth 9.99!:D

Any body want to bet me that I spent $50 on a box of 20 Nosler Custom 300wsm bullets! I know I am going to win this bet!

Don't drink and call your Girlfriend at night!!!!!!

Bess

You still using those core lokts?

Ransom

2311idiot.jpg

>Bess
>
>You still using those core lokts?
>
>
>Ransom
>
>
>
>
>
2311idiot.jpg

Well RANS!

Sometime in the 80's I throwed what was left of the 1st Box I bought out the Window!

Bessy are you sure that it is the ammo and NOT THE HUNTER BEHIND THAT RIFLE....just saying!!

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

270 and 30-06 ammo was pretty cheap. I used to wish I had one.:)

I have a box of 30-30 Winchester Super X 170 gr. Power Point with a price tag on it. $7.55. About 4 years ago I killed my biggest blacktail with a cartrige out of this box.

I shot some 100 gr. core-lokt ammo this weekend in my 6mm.

Eel

A couple years ago I bought 5 boxes of 300 RUM w/180 grain Scirocos.
Then the deal on the gun didn't happen. What is a scirocco? I still plan on buying a gun so I will keep the ammo but am unfamiliar with the bullet. They were not cheap. (so Bess do I qualify as a sucker)

My son inherited his grandfather's two Weatherby rifles, 300 and 7mm. Last year in August he had to buy a 2 boxes of Weatherby 300 mag for his elk hunting trip. $66.00 per box of 20 rounds.
I would hate to price that ammo today. I just finished loading him 100 rounds of 300 weatherby mag and 100 rounds of 7mm mag. So I do not have to hear him cry. He did not know that I had his grandfather's reloading dies and new Weatherby brass in both calibers and about 150 rounds of Nosler Partition bullets for both calibers. Nice thing is I also got about 25-30 pounds of H-4831 powder that his grandfather used for loading both Weatherby calibers and had worked up a super accuracy load for both rifles. My work was easy and cheap!

RELH

>A couple years ago I bought
>5 boxes of 300 RUM
>w/180 grain Scirocos.
>Then the deal on the gun
>didn't happen. What is a
>scirocco? I still plan on
>buying a gun so I
>will keep the ammo but
>am unfamiliar with the bullet.
>They were not cheap. (so
>Bess do I qualify as
>a sucker)

Well Trix!

Not until you Sell me the Ammo for 1/2 what you paid for it!

I already have the Gun!:D

Ok Bessy, I guess I will put this out on the net.
I might get threatened, I may be challenged, and
what's worse, I don't even have a RECEIPT!

I wish I remembered that Managers name and I'd
have him get on here for proof!

A few years back I was in Cal-Ranch in Logan
and they had Fusion 7mm Short mags on clearance.
They said nobody would buy that caliber. They
were $9.99 a box!

It's all relative.

In 1970, I went on a fishing trip to Nampa Idaho. The most expensive part of the trip was the stop at the "horseshoe" in Winnemucca, Nevada. It was a major hoot!

We stayed there all night, but I was not "man enough" to spend $100.00.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

Well Hell Nicky!

You must be getting Stronger as you get Older?

I'll bet you can spend that 100.00 in there now before you get started!:D

I sold guns, ammo and all reloading stuff for 20+ years and I still remember the prices. The "new" normal prices make me a bit ill.

I reload and NEVER calculate what a box of rifle ammo costs me because I don't really care. I want the best. Period.

I do calculate, to the penny, what it costs me to load scattergun ammo because I average 150+ rounds per week and it adds up fast!!!

Back in the day I sold tons and tons of shot at about $6 a bag. Now it's almost $50 and because of that I shoot reclaimed shot at about $27 a bag.

Times and prices change,
Zeke

Trix, Scirrocos are a bonded core bullet made by Swift. Good bullets. Similiar to Noslers Accubonds and Hornady's Interbonds.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Sell me the Bullets for 1/2 what you paid for them Trix!

We can argue about what I paid for them later!:D

I'm using them for door stops and bookends for the time being, but I'll give it some thought :). I haven't had a chance to watch the DVD that came with them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom