A story I can relate to…

I remember one day when I was working in the woods, me and another choker setter walked down the hill to the main truck road at the end of a hot summer day to wait for our ride out. It was drier than a rat turd rolled in the sand. We were sitting on this cull Doug Fir log and the butt end was covered in pitch.

For some reason that still escapes me to this day, my partner took his lighter and lit the end of the log. Just to see if it would burn, I guess. Within 15 seconds the whole end of the log was on fire shooting flames a good 2 feet into the air.

Just then our ride came around the corner. Good thing he had a shovel in the back or it could have tough to explain to the boss.

I can relate, yellow jackets made a large nest/hive in a planter box in my lawn. Made mowing the lawn a real *****. One night I went and took care of them. Imagine the damage the Utah guy would of done with one of these. ??
64FB141B-D60A-4583-B5F2-FA7B4EC63FB9.jpeg

Hey Blue!

That's Not Eco Friendly!

Nor KALI-RADO Approved!
I live about 10 miles from a town called Yellowjacket, so around here lethal methods are a matter of survival. I get bit by the little bastiges every year.

Nothing in ag country is very eco friendly.

Okay, I seen this article a week or so ago, and I just chose not to because you Utah boys and girls get it good on MM. Leave it to SS!

Some years are worse than others for yellow jackets but one year in the Ruby Mountains in Nevada I was stung 8 or 10 times over a few days in camp. I wanted to burn the whole mountain down. :mad:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom