A Sad Sight!

B

B_BOP_A_LU_LU

Seen a Decent Roadkill Buck on the Berry this morning!
Decent mass,decent browtines,just a solid Buck for now days!
Too bad he had to die that way!

I'd sure like to know an accurate count of how many animals die on the hi-way between Duchesne & Heber each year?
I counted 6 fresh roadkill deer & 1 moose this morning.

A couple weeks ago comming back from AntlerFest a guy right in front of me hit a Gutter Hog in Daniels Canyon.

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

For you secluded boys in Nevada:
Gutter Hog = Black Bear
And one more thing NVB,
Just because they call them Black Bears,well that doesn't always mean they are black in color in Tardville!
I hope that Splains it?

There are a ton of deer killed on the roads, and it is very sad.

What I have noticed recently is the number of dead deer up Parley's in the section where they just last fall put a deer proof fence. It seems to me they are killing as many or more deer in that section as they did before the fence was placed.

It just might be the times I've gone up the canyon, but from what I am seeing it seems to be working in the wrong direction!

Does anyone have any input on how that fence is affecting the wildlife in that area?

7.jpg

Have a good one. BB

I seen that buck up across from Strawberry yesterday, looked like he was going to be a decent buck. Had really good mass, eye guards and a great big balls on the end of his forks. One of the more massive deer ive seen in a while. Too bad he got hit.

Nice buck. Lots of deer are killed by autos annually, yet we have a non lead non tox ban on bullets to save 97 condors...

Stop Global Whining

Gutter hog, speed goat, swamp donkey, and my all time favorite calling antlers bone. Will the stupid Utard slang ever end?

Right by the Ladders? I saw it too. What a shame, poor deer makes it through a couple general season free-for-alls just to get nailed on the road. In some spots I think roads have a way bigger impact on our deer herds than we realize.

Dax

Lol fat banty!

I saw that buck when driving through on Sunday. Too bad it couldn't have been harvested by a hunter this fall or seen another year or two. It's a shame how many deer are killed by vehicles in this state.

Nocked N Loaded

I guarantee that roadkill and fence kill (deer getting their back legs caught in wire fences) are two of the biggest factors keeping a lot of our deer herds in the crapper.

I see more dead deer, elk, and moose on the road within 50 miles of Heber City than anywhere else I drive in the West. It's a wonder we have anything left to hit.

The moose are getting hammered too. There's a few new ones every week.

I'm not sure how much vehicle traffic has increased in the last 10-20 years around here, but I'd guess it has way more than doubled. I watch deer get plowed all the time around deer creek by women in a hurry to get Provo to go shopping.

Pesonally I'd rather see more money going into fencing projecs that work than plantings and chainings around here.

Traffic is just going to get worse.

Saw that buck on the road Monday night. I was amazed at the traffic flying along oblivous to the other deer we were passing. Just another example of the state growing and hurting our deer herds. Building on winter range and adding traffic. Maybe we ought make it a draw system to move into the state.

Another Buck in the bottom of Daniels Canyon this morning,not as big but half decent & decent Brow tines.

Anybody see this one?

A little further north along 89, at the mouth of Weber Canyon, there is a nice 3 point got hit... Sad to see for sure... Just a good lookin, lots-of-potential buck...

I don't know if they have actual numbers for roadkill deer, but last year I met a guy that said he works cleaning up roadkill. He told me that they average 9 deer per day- just their company or whatever. So that's 3,285 they clean up, and I think that's just North of SLC and such. Summit County north I think, met him in Coalville at a gas station...

Wish I could remember our conversation better- I only really remember the 9 deer per day part...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

i saw that 3 point hit right on 84 on the southweber side of the canyon comming home from ecco. great buck if you ask me. its sad to see any animal hit by a car... mostly because i sell insurance and i have to deal with the claims! :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom