A new tool/toy

BeanMan

Long Time Member
We got a new (used) John Deere 4710 self propelled sprayer today. It's going to make spraying safer and faster.

It will make scouting on muddy roads nice too. Safer for everyone except the other guy! LOL

Nice rig BeanMan but I know nothing about farming but grateful for those who do!

Thanks,
Zeke

Bean Man, I know that the acquisition of this fine sprayer will put a big ole dent into your 2014 budget. Those babies are not cheap. Will make your work safer, faster, easier, and better. Glad to see that the research station was able to make the purchase. Cow Tag

cool stuff. Curious as to why it makes it "safer" for you? I am not a farmer so don't know why, is it something to do with keeping the chemicals away from you???

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

mntman, It has a a chemical filtration system in the cab. I've spent the last 26 years spraying with an open cab, wearing a tyvek suit, and respirator. Not to mention it has air conditioning.

>cool stuff. Curious as to why
>it makes it "safer" for
>you? I am not a
>farmer so don't know why,
>is it something to do
>with keeping the chemicals away
>from you???
>
>Mntman
>
>"Hunting is where you prove yourself"
>
>
>
>Let me guess, you drive a
>1 ton with oak trees
>for smoke stacks, 12" lift
>kit and 40" tires to
>pull a single place lawn
>mower trailer?

Wheel spacing is hydraulically variable. We'll keep it at 120". In this picture it just came off the highboy and is at max width.

>Dang I hope those wheels line
>up to your rows?
>Nice indeed.

ah ha, thanks!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

A/C?

That's Cheatin!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

ElkBess,

After so many years wearing a plastic suit in our temperatures I don't care if it's cheating or not.

Working smarter and not harder is a good motto.
I remember when we got our first BIG tractor( IH 806) with a cab, Then my brother put a radio in it. Now that was the high life. LOL
Now my brothers tractor's look like a airplane cockpit.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>ElkBess,
>
>After so many years wearing a
>plastic suit in our temperatures
>I don't care if it's
>cheating or not.

I hear ya Bean!

Gotta RAZZ Ya!:D

Seems it's been a Hot SOB this year!

Guess I'm not getting any younger!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

With all the rain you been getting down there thought we'd see something with pontoons and rod holders.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

A guy here has one, does custom spraying with it. 80 foot booms and gps controlled spray heads. Takes him an hour to do a 120 acre pivot. Its crazy fast and the hydraulic suspension is amazing he said.

Sprayer? We had a sprayer, pulled it around behind the Jeep, used it mostly for putting out fires. :)

We sprayed nothing. If the rain wasn't timely or enough for good heads on the Wheat, Barley, or Red Oats we planted, we'd cut it green and make hay. lol

Nice looking rig!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Impressive! Don't you love the logic of spending $300K for a vehicle you only drive once a year? HA HA!

Just make sure the beans are good and that you didn't count on exporting them to Russia.

What you do is important BeanMan - keep on feeding the world. You probably don't have many people say it, but I really appreciate the American Farmer! Thanks!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

from the cab of one of mine beanman....you will like it a lot....

http://tinypic.com/r/2ut6f5w/8
1283eagle_government.jpg

Roy,

Budget wise we are hind tit, this machine has a LOT of hours on it or we wouldn't even have been in line for it. No where near 300K.

>Impressive! Don't you love the logic
>of spending $300K for a
>vehicle you only drive once
>a year? HA HA!
>
>Just make sure the beans are
>good and that you didn't
>count on exporting them to
>Russia.
>
>What you do is important BeanMan
>- keep on feeding the